Would these answers be ok?? (1 Viewer)

Jacob1991

HSC
just wondering if these answers are ok
for 3
i talked about the Edenic imageries of nature, the personification of the sky, the abundant use of ellipsis (to create an atmosphere of silence to show the closeness accentuate the closeness between the author and the landscape) and the use of commas in the 3rd para to show the quick succession of actions - once again to exemplify closeness
for 4
i talked about the use of subheadings, anecdotes, first person perspective, reference to TS Eliot and and asyndenton in the 2nd last paragraph

bench

HSC
for 3
i talked about the Edenic imageries of nature, the personification of the sky, the abundant use of ellipsis (to create an atmosphere of silence to show the closeness accentuate the closeness between the author and the landscape) and the use of commas in the 3rd para to show the quick succession of actions - once again to exemplify closeness
for 4
i talked about the use of subheadings, anecdotes, first person perspective, reference to TS Eliot and and asyndenton in the 2nd last paragraph

Hmmm, dunno. Those techniques seem abit elementary to me... :spin:
/end sarcasm

shaon0

HSC
for 3
for 4
Yeah, i'm not too sure about the short answers. They were pretty difficult, we'll just have to wait and see.

Bootawa_Boy

HSC
I talked about descripitive and emotive language for the third one and mention the quote is that ok..

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Me too. Also use of simile in where she wears the landscape like a coat. Suggests closeness and also gives the impression that she owns it and belongs to it.

Text 4 was pretty much emotive language like the happiness experienced by that one person, suggests they are happy with 'home' which suggests belonging etc.
Then first person n shiz. :)

Macdwg

Professional Mad Lad
HSC
Also for the 5 marker i talked about the connections people make with places and compared the similarities between text 3 and 4. People value 'space' or 'landscape' etc.

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I talked a bunch of crap for questions 3 and 4. For 3 I talked about the juxtaposition of the pure "thin topsoil" with the "ugly people" and her contentedness with land and not other humans. Also the metaphor of "emptying one life, filling with another" referring to the appreciation of landscape - her home. The simile "she would lie out in the open like a patient gazing upwards at the blue ceiling" emphasises the affinity to land...Finally the contrast between the outdoors and "...indoors, the windows were too full of cloud, too little sky" build upon this love of landscape, a place she clearly belongs and enjoys as a home...

For question 4 I talked about "listing" which suggests that "home" is a multi-faceted notion and can be found in many places. "It's me Footscray" is an example of personification where the indvidual feels he is at one with his suburb...not sure what I else I mentioned here, but i'm starting to wish I mentioned first person...

rant

&&&&&&&&
HSC
pretty sure the ellipses were from quoting parts of the whole short story or whatever yimdoggers

i.e. extract

though i could be wrong dot dot dot

Thecorey0

HSC
pretty sure the ellipses were from quoting parts of the whole short story or whatever yimdoggers

i.e. extract

That's what I was thinking when I read it. It was better to be safe then sorry, so I didn't mention it.

Jacob1991

HSC

i.e. extract

were they? i got a feeling that they were there for a reason... u know what im saying... there to give an impression... so to speak...

Last edited:

Julz4433

HSC
I thought the most obvious one was the personification of the trees

".. they whispered to me"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)