Would this allow me to get into medicine? (1 Viewer)

iSplicer

HSC
Uni Grad
Some good points being made in this thread, but my personal opinion is to always advise people to start tertiary study as soon as possible. You still can make it into UWS/UNSW and you're one year closer to post-graduate entry. Gap years are high risk (but also high reward when in that it provides some opportunity to study for UMAT/earn money).

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Some good points being made in this thread, but my personal opinion is to always advise people to start tertiary study as soon as possible. You still can make it into UWS/UNSW and you're one year closer to post-graduate entry. Gap years are high risk (but also high reward when in that it provides some opportunity to study for UMAT/earn money).
ill concede that it means you are 1 step closer to postgrad entry BUT, the assumption here is that OP will get into medicine straight after graduating which might not necessarily be the case. sure you get 2 shots at the GAMSAT, but then theres also a lot of other factors that come into play (GPA, interview) which make grad entry just as uncertain and the OP might end up taking one year off after graduation anyway.
IF the OP got something like a 96 ATAR then obviously commencing tertiary studies would be the better option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)