would uni's accept lower uai results??? (1 Viewer)

reprise

fb07 said:
yeah i know but when will this years cut offs be released ?
Not until after the final rounds offers. The cut-off is the LOWEST mark with which someone was admitted to a particular course.

fb07

HSC
ok thanks but when is it that .. how do i say .. now that we have our uai's when do we know if we've made it into our courses or not THIS year?

reprise

fb07 said:
ok thanks but when is it that .. how do i say .. now that we have our uai's when do we know if we've made it into our courses or not THIS year?
Fri 28 October 2005 Distance Education offers e-released
Fri 2 December 2005 Early Round offers e-released
Wed 4 January 2006 Preliminary Round offers e-released
Wed 18 January 2006 Main Round offers e-released ***at 9pm***
Wed 1 February 2006 Late Round offers e-released ***at 9pm***
Wed 8 February 2006 Final Round offers e-released

fb07

HSC
thank you!! :D another question .. whats early/preliminary round offers .. i just have to look at 'main' right? im sorry, i feel so dumb!

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
miaomiao said:
Unis often don't publish their real cutoffs (ie. they publish higher than is true) to make their courses seem more in demand and improve their image. I'm not making this up, I was told by someone working within the stupid system. There is hope for you yet... just put yor most desired course as your NO.1 preference and hope for the best. Good luck.
Oh, sounds like there's hope for me ^^

Thanks

reprise

miaomiao said:
Unis often don't publish their real cutoffs (ie. they publish higher than is true) to make their courses seem more in demand and improve their image. I'm not making this up, I was told by someone working within the stupid system. There is hope for you yet... just put yor most desired course as your NO.1 preference and hope for the best. Good luck.

That's not totally true. The cut-offs published after the offers have been made are accurate. What unis sometimes do is set the bar for the first round offers artificially high. Eventually, though, they still have to fill the course - which they'll do by making the majority of their offers in the second round.

It's possible for it to work the other way, too. A university might have told UAC that they won't consider anyone with a UAI of less than 95 for a course, but all of the availble pplaces might be filled by people with UAIs of 96 and above.

HSC
N/A
yeh listen to the 'gay captain', don't insult cleanin. Ype u can pay a bit of ching ching to get in. Wat is it, hmm 1000 bucks a uai point? i can't remeber

mistic

HSC
do u guyz reckon i would get into anu combined law if i'm 0.25 under?

reprise

I seriously wonder how so many people expect to get into the uni course of their choose when they don't even understand the process by which their marks are determined and university places are allocated. Didn't any of you bother listening to or reading all the information your were given about this during years 11 and 12?

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
AntiHyper said:
Those people can get a free schooner if they walk into any pub.
Must suck to have UAI 30.1 then.

Tomaj

HSC
From what I understand the UAI published is the minimum UAI required to recieve a Main Round offer. So if you got a UAI lower than that advertised you may receive offers in later rounds...

What you just read may be wrong so don't count on it.

reprise

Tomaj said:
From what I understand the UAI published is the minimum UAI required to recieve a Main Round offer. So if you got a UAI lower than that advertised you may receive offers in later rounds...

What you just read may be wrong so don't count on it.
The UAIs on the UAC page reflect the lowest UAIs of those admitted in the main round offers in 2005 and the lowest UAIs of those admitted in the late round offers. It's further divided into the UAIs for HECs students and for fee-paying students.

All in .pdf I'm afraid.

2005 cut-offs are about half way down the page

kido525

HSC
awww .... the moment of truth has come :(

The moment i opened UAC UAI marks i knew i was looking to something not nice and here i am with a mark of 68.55 >.< depressing stuff for an asian like me

I was hopeful to do an engineering course at UTS which needed 75.0 and i think i cant make it

I did a Multiple questionaire thing on the UTS website in the engineering section i dno if this would help but if ne1 who has done the multiple criteria test know that this would be a great help please reply to this awww im just all down now i dno where to start, with a mark of 68.55 im not sure what i can do atm im interested in a science or engineering background has ne1 got ne advice to gain access to a UTs course with 75.0 or know of ne other courses which would seem good to do with a mark of 68.55 great advice would be appreciated.....

reprise

kido525 said:
awww .... the moment of truth has come :(

The moment i opened UAC UAI marks i knew i was looking to something not nice and here i am with a mark of 68.55 >.< depressing stuff for an asian like me

I was hopeful to do an engineering course at UTS which needed 75.0 and i think i cant make it

I did a Multiple questionaire thing on the UTS website in the engineering section i dno if this would help but if ne1 who has done the multiple criteria test know that this would be a great help please reply to this awww im just all down now i dno where to start, with a mark of 68.55 im not sure what i can do atm im interested in a science or engineering background has ne1 got ne advice to gain access to a UTs course with 75.0 or know of ne other courses which would seem good to do with a mark of 68.55 great advice would be appreciated.....

Do you qualify for EAS. UTS has greater flexibility that most for SOME courses (not sure offhand which ones).

toheart226

i am 1.85 off from the course i want however its my first preference atm is there a chance or me getting in?or should i just take it off my first preference?

kido525

HSC
threedollar said:
i am 1.85 off from the course i want however its my first preference atm is there a chance or me getting in?or should i just take it off my first preference?

im pretty sure u might get in depends on the vacancies i suppose as for my Unis i chose i chose UTS , UNSW and UWS

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)