Would you boycott bali? (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
I don't plan on going, but not because of this case. I've always been paranoid about something being sliped into my bag, and whether Corby is really innocent or guilty, it just enoforces the fact it can happen.

I don't like leaving Australia and heading into a country who's laws and systems I don't really understand.

Ok, I've watched Midnight Express/Bangkok Hilton/That movie with Joquain Pheonix when he gets shot etc too many times, and it's just something that lingers in your mind.

Last edited:
HSC
im not going to boycott bali just because of the case, i never really felt the desir to travel there anyway....plus it seems the judges hardly listen to reason, so if something happens, its easily 'my fault'

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
its all media hype

thats all the whole case is

not one person here knows the full story, what we hear would be so so far from the actual truth

even those current affairs programs which say theyre uncoverign the truth are bullshit too

its all a crock

meeeeeeeee

HSC
Bali is the best place ever! the average Balinese people havent even heard of Schapelle (i was there the day she got sentenced and no one knew who she was) what happened to her has happened to plenty of others in the past. The people of Bali are so kind and helpful, and they really need the support of tourism. what is the point of hurting them when it isnt even their fault. its the indonesian government, not the Balinese people. Bali is an amazing and beautiful place, and their different culture should be enjoyed, not seen as wrong just because it is different to Australian culture. Go to Bali!! i know i will keep going back. i'd go tomorrow if i could

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
meeeeeeeee said:
Bali is the best place ever! the average Balinese people havent even heard of Schapelle (i was there the day she got sentenced and no one knew who she was) what happened to her has happened to plenty of others in the past. The people of Bali are so kind and helpful, and they really need the support of tourism. what is the point of hurting them when it isnt even their fault. its the indonesian government, not the Balinese people. Bali is an amazing and beautiful place, and their different culture should be enjoyed, not seen as wrong just because it is different to Australian culture. Go to Bali!! i know i will keep going back. i'd go tomorrow if i could
its no ones fault but schappelle fucking corbys.
fucking hell!!!
fuck! fuck! fuck!

no indonesian person did anything wrong in this case

a-m-e-e-e

HSC
damn straight! bali is the greatest place! this is a really old debate but I still wanna say that the whole shapelle corby thing is totally irrelevant (or should be) to whether people choose to go to bali! if you go, you take the risk. she took it and now she is being punished accordingly.
dont punish the balinese people for the error of an australian!

rozymisty

HSC
I know this is an old thread, but i wouldnt boycott Bali just coz of stupid corby.

Id be only interested for all the cheap gifts etc, and since im not really a beachy kinda person I wouldtn really go. Plus the risk of terrorism anywhere in SE asia is too risky. I wouldnt want to go, plus risk having drugs stashed into my bag by corrupt security pple.

When i go overseas, I will certainly be taking up that offer of wrapping my bag in layers of plastic before it goes to the baggage handlers.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Probably. I have no desire to travel anywhere in Asia aside from the Western Part of Russia.

BritneySpears

Banned
HSC
I will not boycott but I will never travel to Indonesia because it does not appeal to me at all. And I will avoid singapore at all cost knowing that I could be executed if someone put drugs in my luggage without my knowlege (I also avoid flight transiting through singapore). Also I hope bali 9 are executed or at least jailed for life.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
Hmm thread revival-

I'm going to bali in january. Whos been? How did you like it? Where did you stay? Anything particularly interesting that you would recommend? Anything to watch for (scams) etc?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Katie123 said:
Hmm thread revival-

I'm going to bali in january. Whos been? How did you like it? Where did you stay? Anything particularly interesting that you would recommend? Anything to watch for (scams) etc?

prepare some first aid kits, band aid, water, prepare a will etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)