Would you ever take back a cheater? (1 Viewer)

Take back a cheater?

• Yes

Votes: 38 24.7%
  • No

Votes: 78 50.6%
  • Don't know

Votes: 38 24.7%

• Total voters

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
It's such a subjective thing its hard to tell.

For so many people, ultimately it tends to come down to two fundamental factors which tend to be if your partner felt anything for the other person and how they dealt with the situation afterwards.

If there are feelings involved (ie. if it was deliberate and not some drunken/drug induced situation) and they were truthful about the situation afterwards (ie. they didn't sneak around behind your back) I think you'll find that in a majority of long term (ie. 2 years +) relationships the person would consider taking the cheater back.

I honestly don't know. I'm with a man who swears that he'll never cheat on me, and that if he did he would never be able to forgive himself (alot of background about watching a scumbag Dad hurt his mother etc.) so if he did it, I think it would be a lot harder to accept.

But that is not to say that I wouldn't take him back.

It's such a hard thing to determine....

Evilo

HSC
Darkening said:
yes...

But you start to care for them less...
and thats when the relationship falls apart....

*yooneek*

@UTS...I <3 Jesus
HSC
i wouldn't take them back... far out... especially if i found out off someone else :(

jest

HSC
i wouldn't.. trust is important to me so once that's gone, it's not coming back

Sooj

HSC
Fuck.

No.

Your relationship won't [ be very healthy / last long. ]

Evilo

HSC
Tulipa said:
Stop making generalisations if you have never been in the situation.

Thank you :)
comment was directed at ....... ?

Sooj

HSC
Probably me.

In retort (if it was against me): Hello stranger, I don't know about you, you don't know about me, so please don't go making assumptions about what I have been in and what I haven't been in, thank you! :)

Evilo

HSC
Tulipa said:
Everyone who's never been in the situation and is generalising that if it happened of course they would dump the person.
read the 1st post...

Well?

If your partner cheated on you, would you ever take him/her back?
Its a hypothetical...

lengy

HSC
Even if trust is broken it can be mended. There are lots of actions that aren't cheating that can cause a break of trust. Maybe you promised something and failed to live up to that promised because you were absentminded or didn't think it was that important but it was to the person. Though I do agree that if you can never trust the other person then the relationship has a high likelihood of failure.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Tulipa said:
And Alley has resolved the situation.

The thread should probably be left alone.
Nah, her first post should be changed from the "help with MY situation" to a general question. It's an interesting topic and this thread should be continued in all its glory.

Ness1

HSC
Hell no. What is the point of a relationship without trust. I've seen my friends try to piece the relationship back together, but it never works. The relationship has to have something wrong with it in the first place if the cheater is tempted.

Sooj

HSC
I mean, in a relationship, both side's first priorities should be each other, as best friends and bf/gf, no?

lengy

HSC
Depends on those in the relationship. Not everyone wants the person they are dating to be their best friends. Not everyone wants to always see their partners.

Jamory

HSC
Well if you love them enough you would.. I would take back my ex.. cos I love him more than anything... although maybe not straight away; he would have to prove he meant it because if you just take them back just like that then.. well chances are you'll end up getting hurt again... and again... and again.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)