Would you move if your partner was overseas? (1 Viewer)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
If you were successful in Australia say working in the largest firm in your field, with great university results, family and friends in Australia with the fact that you loved Sydney's weather and people and culture...

And...if you got to know someone in Canada who was the only child in the family and who preferred to stay there with his family and asked you to move for him, would you leave everything and move?

Affinity

HSC
No, and there are many reasons for that.

Anonymou5

HSC
N/A
What kind of a selfish idiot would ask the sort of successful person in your description to move overseas?

Affinity

HSC
There will be problems when poweris not balanced, as will be the case if you move to canada.

Pr0digy

Veritas Lux Mea
HSC
Err... I doubt I'd move in that situation. What if the relationship doesn't work out? You'll be all alone in a foreign country.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I wouldn't. Sacrifice family, friends, environment, career for one person? Sif.

I know a girl who has a boyfriend in Shanghai. She visits him twice a year and somehow it works. Maybe you can try that.

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
Most likely i would n0t.
I've already sacrificed alot for my current bf (esp social life). I am not leaving my family behind.

If somehow my bf decides to go back to korea. I dont think i want to move to overseas & leaving my family behind. I feel i have to stay here to look after the family.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Thanks guys, your views make sense. I come from a fairly conservative family with sub continental views. I have acquired the Australian views and I have assimilated in that culture. However my extended family do not understand that. Neither do my friends who are where I belong i.e. Pakistan. They think I am asking for too much.

Everyone believes that if the guy is good there is nothing wrong to get to know them and if they are your type you could move. But why would I, I have achieved so much in Australia already. The description is just an introduction, with God's blessing. I mean like hello I am independent I don't need a guy to live. Who knows what God has in store for me, I may find a good guy just in Australia.

Cheers!

HSC
Wow.

1. Enough with the religious crap.
2. No, and if you've only just gotten to know them they're not really your partner either.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Whats wrong with religious crap?

If you are set up and you do believe they are your type then perhaps they could be your partner.

I don't think you quiet get that its a fairly conservative society in the sub continent.

INXS

King For A Day
HSC
Ask him to come here.

too shay.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
There is no such thing as fate.

I wouldn't say that I'm completely closed to the possibility of giving all 'that' up for love. However, the love would have to be like extrodinarily perfect. And I really don't see how it could be in your situation where there is a VERY long-distance thing. Did you meet him over the internet?

Skeeta

HSC
depends on situation.

If i had been married for a few years to this person, starting a family.. and the move was short term (ie. 6 months - 3 years) I would go. On the condition that he would come and live with me in India, or singapore or something, so i could do what I wanted also.
It would also depend on the reason that he wants to live overseas/not move.

At the moment. I would probably say no, but end up flying over there about 6 months after he had gone.

stickywages

HSC
N/A
Did he ever consider moving to AUS? If not, don't.

ps: which part of Canada are you talking about?

HSC
lil_star said:
Whats wrong with religious crap?

If you are set up and you do believe they are your type then perhaps they could be your partner.

I don't think you quiet get that its a fairly conservative society in the sub continent.
People think they're compatible with others and more often than not break up with them a month or so later. Why would you move country for something that could end up like that.

The problem with religious crap is it makes you look stupid.

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
Ok, thanks for the comments everyone. Well this is all in the air. I haven't even talked to the guy. Depends whether we click. I am just wondering.

I personally wouldn't want to move for the accomplishments I have here. However, a lot of people in my community think it is ok - due to the lack of good guys. I'd rather be alone and independent than push myself to move somewhere I don't even like - alone with no family there! or friends!

Captain, it varies. Every one is different. I have faith and I am not shy to admit. If you don't then its all good too. Each to their own.

timlay

is gonna lawyer you
HSC
get his whole family to come ! hah...

or...maybe just go over to him in the holidays. and vice versa. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)