Wouldn't be great if you could do the middle ages?!? (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

I'm doing it in uni, and it's bloody hard.

HSC would water it down a bit so you have a good background if you decide to study the middle ages in uni, though. And trust me, you need the background info. :)

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
Sweet!! u can do at uni! though i wouldn't bother anyway, its only for smart people. i know quite a lot about the medieval period cause i do medieval reenacment, r u apart of a group, if not u should join one & get a real feel to medieval living (not the ful treatment mind you! just cooking , fighting & stuff!)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
jhakka said:
I'm doing it in uni, and it's bloody hard.

HSC would water it down a bit so you have a good background if you decide to study the middle ages in uni, though. And trust me, you need the background info. :)
same here.

and i didn't have the background info. i didnt take history in year 11 and 12 and hear i am.

doing medieval history

at the conservatorium of music.

X

xeuyrawp

Middle Ages is a mixed blessing. It's fun to do, but the majority of history comes from Bardic and Oral tradition. Those two are, as we know, the most unreliable. They can't even conclusively proove there was a King Arthur (5000 years after we can confidently say "There was a King Unas of Egypt").

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, it is a gap in the BOS courses....

Ancient History covers up to the fall of Rome...

Modern Covers from around the American Civil war (?)

SO there is quite a gap there. I suppose the middle ages were briefly covered in the Stage 4 History course, but still would be nice to fill in that gap at the HSC level

X

xeuyrawp

Deus said:
Well, it is a gap in the BOS courses....

Ancient History covers up to the fall of Rome...

Modern Covers from around the American Civil war (?)

SO there is quite a gap there. I suppose the middle ages were briefly covered in the Stage 4 History course, but still would be nice to fill in that gap at the HSC level
It would be a bitch to teach a term's course with a handful of archaeological evidence and bardic tradition.

Master Gopher

HSC
I really want to do the middle bits of history, Napoleonic Wars and all that. I think it's a little narrow just to do Ancient or Modern. We miss so much! (as in, all my favourite stuff :p)

Ah well, of course, there's always Uni. The thing is I might not want to do History at Uni at all, so there goes my chances :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)