wow like not many people care about ancient history (1 Viewer)

Benjamin

Dear Everyone,

Ancient was abit of a stress.... I remmember one time I had to not sleep to get an assessment task finnished by the next morning ( I had done 2 out of 7 sections at that stage) and I did it........ and got 90% ^_^. Ancient Isnt that hard. My number one stress was easily Advanced English, I have an Advanced English tutor so it was abit of presure to do well. Japanese Begginers was probly the seccond most stressful... tied with Legal Studies!.

Well im going to go start studying for Legal Studies and Society and Culture which are next wednesday and thursday.

God Bless you all

I HOPE YOU DO WELL IN YOUR HSC!!!!!!!!!!

-Benjamin

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
Ancient history sucked.
Anyone planning on doing it, don't. Go stare at dirt for an hour and youll be more entertained.

J

jhakka

senso said:
Ancient history sucked.
Anyone planning on doing it, don't. Go stare at dirt for an hour and youll be more entertained.
I sense great wisdom in this one.

SeDaTeD

HSC
How was the exam this year? There was so much reading to do and it took up so much time, and I wasn't ever going to do good anyway. I dropped it after my trials, go 52%!!! Haha, I didn't really take it very seriously, I enjoyed the content, but memorisation was a pain.

cephren

...glad its over... it would have been better to answer a question on a society I hadnt studied... maybe Ahkenaten... I kno shitloads about him... should have done that... as it is - one section is virtually a null result... oh well... as long as I pass its all good... last exam... gone... alcohol + mulcher + flames = study notes gone forever... peace

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
I don't take ancient, but I had a look at the paper.

You ALL deserve marks for figuring out how the paper works!
lol so true - at the end i had used 4 extra booklets - a little bit for each q - and for some reason nobody gave us string so i asked the exam supervisor man for 4 pieces of string and he said "no u cant have 4 pieces there are only 3 questions!" - i then proceeded to explain to him that i used it for the q with an answer booklet and he said "no u didnt" lol. it took a while, but i got my 4 pieces of string :)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
lol, thats just funny dude! exam supervisors are complete morons. ours yelled at us coz we had like 4 post-its each so we could stick em on the pages to mark the questions so we didnt keep wasting time re-looking em up. i mean, come on, they're post-its. and they said they were cool when they checked our stuff at the door...but not 2minutes later at our desks.
the power goes to their heads methinks.

Bobcat

HSC
Our exam supervisors are jst old ppl trying to be cool....there not cool though!!!!

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
u noe wat was funny in my exam was that the 1 of the supervisors (an old lady she happened to be) with food but dropped the food. i couldn't help but laugh and turn across to 1 of my otha classmate. i noe it was slack but i guess i was somewat bored

Sickle

Hello Sunshine
HSC
I could hardly be stuffed reading over all the shit that I managed to collect over the year.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy too much...

Miss_Mirage86

Full-Time Princess
HSC
randhi said:
And also cos its one of those subjects that gives you major headaches that you stressing like shit about it and then once its over its literally over !!!! and thats all you care about

I couldnt agree more. That is exactly how it is.

Now im kinda sad though lol.

ahvan

well. Ancient's my fav subject.
I suppose it depends on the teacher you get I guess..
I have (had?) a great teacher and these two years had been a load of fun ^^

jen23

i used to hate ancient, but my teacher told us that once we got into it and read a bit more it would become more interesting, and sure enough he was right. by the time my study was done i was full into it and found it mad!! our supervisers dont go through all the pages with us.. we just get "girls, look through your papers and check them out" so everyone flips slowly so we can read our questions while we're doing it. i guess thats common practice though ay?

i_am_an_genius

I thought ancient was really hard (esp. some of the Society questions and one of the Pericles ones) but i liked it like that....before you say anything, im not a masacist, but if it was easy and something i could have done without the lots of study i had to do i would have been really frustrated. Thats the thing about ancient, you learn (supposedly) so much content, and then they ask you one question, and you forget everything else you have been taught. At least in modern you learn stuff for more of a reason than "...it might be in your exam..."
I think any subject depends on a teacher - contrary to what youre told at the beginning of high school *HIgh pitched monty python voice* "Dont choose a subject coz of a teacher..."
There are good teachers and bad teachers - maybe some parrallel between that and good subjects and bad subjects?

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
we have about 20 people out of 85
only three people left before the end of the exam, one after an hour and 2 with just more than 15 mins to go. i dont know why youd bother....

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
i woulda liked ancient if wed done better topics
i mean i dont mind egypt, thats my fave, but i hate minoans, and im not real fussed on greece either

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)