wow..whos nervous? (1 Viewer)

sinsolja

HSC
If i dont get a 95+ atar, a lot of shit is going down. i hardly want to face the disappointment in my parents faces on dec 14. and knowing how i went in the hsc....its very possible.

Anyone else feel like there going to get screwed over?

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
Been there, done that, got over it, went according to plan, moved on with life.

Try not to worry about it too much.

deebsm

HSC
If I dont get into my course, I think I may hurt something... I just wish it was all over now.

sinsolja

HSC
But thats the thing!? what if it doesnt go according to plan!? Very probable outcome in my situation

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Nervous? It's not up to you now, don't worry about it.

I don't know how many times I can say that...

Isho

Banned
HSC
N/A
But thats the thing!? what if it doesnt go according to plan!? Very probable outcome in my situation
If it doesn't go according to plan, then you look for other possible ways to get back into plan again. I'm guessing you need that ATAR for a course cut-off. If you don't get it and miss out on that course then there'll be ways for you to transfer into that course against after a single year.

Just because you fail at your 1st attempt doesn't mean your life is over. If you get <30, then fair enough. But for an ATAR of around 90, the possibilities are endless.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Been there, done that, got over it, went according to plan, moved on with life.

Try not to worry about it too much.
this

I honestly didn't even remember the day the ATARs were out, someone called (dad's phone was on divert, so someone was asking how I went) to ask and hence I found out... same with marks the day before, no clue (I wasn't here, overseas during the whole marks coming out thing).

overall, meh.

RANK 1

HSC
If i dont get a 95+ atar, a lot of shit is going down. i hardly want to face the disappointment in my parents faces on dec 14. and knowing how i went in the hsc....its very possible.

Anyone else feel like there going to get screwed over?
then u shud enjoy ur life before dec 14

apollo1

Banned
HSC
lol m8 i dont even care what i get for my atar. bcuz i get 5 bonus points for my course anyway. also you should be enjoying ur life atm. the real challenges of adulthood like uni, finding a job etc are about to start in 3 months.

jniranjan

HSC
Yeah, I'm pretty worried too. I don't know whether I will get low 70's or high 80's to be honest. If I get High 70's then I'll have to go to UWS, which I don't think is that bad, but I have a lot of relatives who will look down upon me if I don't get into USYD or UNSW. It sucks.

K

khorne

u guys are such cry babies. Life is long, there's plenty of time to make whatever you want out of it, and you can always pick yourself up. Who gives a fuck if there's a little bump, get over it, accept that you didn't do enough work and do some self-reflecting and what not, then get into the uni course you want, whichever path it takes.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
What's everyone obsession with USYD and UNSW here? I prob don't get it because I don't live in Syd- but shouldn't you be more concerned about getting the course you want and not worrying about the uni?

And if you can't get into the course straight off the bat, there are always transfers etc.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
u guys are such cry babies. Life is long, there's plenty of time to make whatever you want out of it, and you can always pick yourself up. Who gives a fuck if there's a little bump, get over it, accept that you didn't do enough work and do some self-reflecting and what not, then get into the uni course you want, whichever path it takes.
Words of wisdom.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
What's everyone obsession with USYD and UNSW here? I prob don't get it because I don't live in Syd- but shouldn't you be more concerned about getting the course you want and not worrying about the uni?

And if you can't get into the course straight off the bat, there are always transfers etc.
Matter of prestige most likely.

Gangstar1

HSC
Yer im kinda worried/nervous as well hopefully get in uni i dunno im probably going to uws to study law hopefully if i dont get on ehhhhh crap.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My ATAR wasn't as high as I had hoped, but I wouldn't change a thing I did during the HSC or where I am now. Live with what you get guys.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My ATAR wasn't as high as I had hoped, but I wouldn't change a thing I did during the HSC or where I am now. Live with what you get guys.
^ That.

I was disappointed with my 95.40 somewhat, I thought I'd get like 96-97 or so, but the point is, I got into the course I wanted - so I don't really care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)