Wrestlemania 28! (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

So, anyone gonna watch it on PPV on Monday? It'll be on April 2 here, and at 9am. So... I have to go uni that day so I'll watch it on tape delay when I get home.

Also, it's cheaper this year I think - I've watched all the Wrestlemanias since Wrestlemania 23, and umm... yeah, it's $35 now instead of $40 like the last few years.

I'm hoping that the event is actually good, because I felt the last few weren't that good especially Wrestlemania 26 and 27. So I'm really hoping they step it up this year, Wrestlemania is where they pull out all the stops and... the card is looking very promising.

Unfortunately the build-up hasn't been all that great. They have so many main events and really, they can't promote all the matches.

I'm looking at the card now, and umm... it looks pretty good. Hopefully the matches outshine the... only 'okay' build-up.

Anyone else going to watch this?

MrFox

HSC
N/A
No, wrestling is a barbaric sport and I see enough of it at school and the bus stops.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This is sports entertainment

Very different to sport.

For one, the outcome is known beforehand.

MrFox

HSC
N/A
You know what I meant and my point still stands.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
School and bus stops? That's not wrestling. That's brawling.

Wrestling tells a -story-. It's a show of athleticism and is elegant at times, while brawling in school is just nasty. It's not elegant at all.

MrFox

HSC
N/A
School and bus stops? That's not wrestling. That's brawling.

Wrestling tells a -story-. It's a show of athleticism and is elegant at times, while brawling in school is just nasty. It's not elegant at all.
I have a wrestling club at school. When these people get pissed off at each other they apply what they've learnt. Simple as that.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I have a wrestling club at school. When these people get pissed off at each other they apply what they've learnt. Simple as that.
Yeah but that's like Greco-Roman or whatever wrestling. Pro wrestling has suplexes, piledrivers and other moves that aren't allowed in that sort of wrestling.

MrFox

HSC
N/A
Yeah but that's like Greco-Roman or whatever wrestling. Pro wrestling has suplexes, piledrivers and other moves that aren't allowed in that sort of wrestling.
Lol, of course it's different- it's real.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
doesnt that make it worse that its not even a *proper* fight
Well if you want to see fighting - go watch UFC. I prefer WWE because there's a storyline element to it - in fact, for the weekly wrestling shows I just skip the wrestling altogether and just watch the promo videos or backstage vignettes or when they talk. Only time I actually watch the wrestling is when it's a good match I'm interested in, or if I order a pay-per-view, which is the culmination of all the storylines in the past month or so.

Lol, of course it's different- it's real.
So why did you say "No, wrestling is a barbaric sport and I see enough of it at school and the bus stops. " if pro-wrestling is different than what you described.

MrFox

HSC
N/A
No, you don't understand. Stop trying to misinterpret what I've said to prove whatever point you're trying to make. Wrestling, in itself, is barbaric and I do not enjoy it regardless of what type of wrestling it is. So there's no chance I would go out of my way to watch it or pay for it. That is all.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So you're going to chastise wrestling but not say... boxing or MMA or UFC which is arguably more taxing on the body? Or are you going to chastise them too?

MrFox

HSC
N/A
My opinion of them is the same, if not worse, but seeing as this is a thread on wrestling, it didn't seem fit to mention them here.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh okay. Well some people obviously don't like the whole thing anyway.

I hear the state of Oklahoma has actually banned pro wrestling... or something like that.

MrFox

HSC
N/A
That's a bit extreme, if that's the case. To be fair it does have its faults, but I don't believe it warrants a ban in an entire state. I'd expect harsher regulations at the very most, to be honest.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Wait, not banned... iirc, they are refusing to give away any more licences to run a wrestling promotion. So basically I think, they're letting the existing ones die off and not letting any new ones pop up.

But yes... with what we know now about brain damage, concussions and whatnot - regulations are needed.

HSC
lol not going to pay for this. Will find a ddl when I get home monday afternoon xD Haven't paid for a ppv in many years. As soon as they get back to basics and produce quality, then they'll see my $$$. I've been watching since Wrestlemania 17, and it just feels like it's never going to be as good as the old days xD But yeah. I'm hoping this will be better than last year's :/

Most looking forward to: CM Punk vs Jericho - this is going to be the showstopper, I know I'm already not going to be that jazzed about seeing Undertakeer vs HHH for a consecutive year :/ I love the way this has been built up and promo'd. This is definitely one of the best and most believable story lines in years.

Undertaker vs HHH - I didn't want this match to happen again, but am hoping this will be a great way for 'Taker to go out. Hoping he keeps his streak.

Undecided about - Cena vs Rock. The 2 golden boys. If they let Cena lose this, the little 8 year olds are going to have the shits, but if he wins the rest of us are going to be "why did we even bother watching this?". I have mixed feelings about this match. Sure, I want Rock to kick Cena's ass. I want Cena to lose. However, I have a hard time believing they're going to have Rock lose in his home town, then I have a hard time believing they're going to have Cena, their ultimate kiss ass poster boy lose.

Not going to bother watching Orton vs Kane. We all know Orton going to hear the fucking voices, let loose and win. End of story. As soon as Barrett comes back, he can resume in kicking his ass. I do however want to see Kane at his best and I hope they let that happen.

They have only been promoting the shit out of Cena vs Rock. If this match isn't event at least a 30 minute match - absolute waste of a year of promotion. For the past 2 months on Raw, any chance they get they'll slip in videos of cena as a kid and all that crap -_-

It's been semi-confirmed that Batista and Brock Lesnar will be there :D

HSC
Wait, not banned... iirc, they are refusing to give away any more licences to run a wrestling promotion. So basically I think, they're letting the existing ones die off and not letting any new ones pop up.

But yes... with what we know now about brain damage, concussions and whatnot - regulations are needed.
Yep, those regulations came in around about the time of the the death of Benoit. When the autopsy revealed he had suffered so much brain damage during his career, Vince had to cut all that shit out. No more flying headbutts, no more hardcore matches, no more blood. WWE has made it much safer than it used to be, and for some people it's 'boring' not to see blood in matches anymore...wtf. Well anyway, there's still TNA who don't give a fuck about their talent and who let them run wild and do whatever the hell they want.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol not going to pay for this. Will find a ddl when I get home monday afternoon xD Haven't paid for a ppv in many years. As soon as they get back to basics and produce quality, then they'll see my $$$. I've been watching since Wrestlemania 17, and it just feels like it's never going to be as good as the old days xD But yeah. I'm hoping this will be better than last year's :/

Most looking forward to: CM Punk vs Jericho - this is going to be the showstopper, I know I'm already not going to be that jazzed about seeing Undertakeer vs HHH for a consecutive year :/ I love the way this has been built up and promo'd. This is definitely one of the best and most believable story lines in years.

Undertaker vs HHH - I didn't want this match to happen again, but am hoping this will be a great way for 'Taker to go out. Hoping he keeps his streak.

Undecided about - Cena vs Rock. The 2 golden boys. If they let Cena lose this, the little 8 year olds are going to have the shits, but if he wins the rest of us are going to be "why did we even bother watching this?". I have mixed feelings about this match. Sure, I want Rock to kick Cena's ass. I want Cena to lose. However, I have a hard time believing they're going to have Rock lose in his home town, then I have a hard time believing they're going to have Cena, their ultimate kiss ass poster boy lose.

Not going to bother watching Orton vs Kane. We all know Orton going to hear the fucking voices, let loose and win. End of story. As soon as Barrett comes back, he can resume in kicking his ass. I do however want to see Kane at his best and I hope they let that happen.

They have only been promoting the shit out of Cena vs Rock. If this match isn't event at least a 30 minute match - absolute waste of a year of promotion. For the past 2 months on Raw, any chance they get they'll slip in videos of cena as a kid and all that crap -_-

It's been semi-confirmed that Batista and Brock Lesnar will be there :D
Hopefully this WM will be quality. It has the card to produce it though. I just wish it had a Money in the Bank ladder match... gah I loved those. Amazing concept and I think it really sucks that they had to take it off for their own PPV.

CM Punk vs Jericho should be good. I just hoped they got more air time other than Jericho appearing on the Titantron and insulting Punk's father, mother and sister... I'd really have loved to see them go at it because they're both awesome on the microphone.

Undertaker vs HHH... they're promoting this match heavily, umm... it's okay, I'll expect 'Taker to win as well.

Rock vs Cena should be very good - but I think Cena will win in the end, unfortunately. Take it as a metaphorical 'passing of the torch'. Should be a really good match though.

But for those three matches, I think all will be very good.

Orton v Kane... ugh, I think the storyline here is really weak. "How dare you shake my hand" or something and... you know I can believe some of the more out-there story lines but this one is 'wtf'. And for Sheamus v Bryan? I don't really care too much for it other than looking forward to seeing Bryan jump down the ramp screaming: YES! YES! YSE!

And oh nice, hopefully they showcase Batista. Lesnar was before my time...

Yep, those regulations came in around about the time of the the death of Benoit. When the autopsy revealed he had suffered so much brain damage during his career, Vince had to cut all that shit out. No more flying headbutts, no more hardcore matches, no more blood. WWE has made it much safer than it used to be, and for some people it's 'boring' not to see blood in matches anymore...wtf. Well anyway, there's still TNA who don't give a fuck about their talent and who let them run wild and do whatever the hell they want.
I agree the blood gave matches an extra dimension - but really, as we saw with Undertaker v Michaels at WM25 and 26, you don't need blood to have an awesome match. Those two matches were... amazing. They're like 50 years old and they're working at a level that others half their age can only dream about.

But yeah... TNA. lol. i dont like them.

And hey, you watch wrestling. Wow. Respect. Respect.

HSC
Watching wrestling with my little brother growing up was one of the only things we could ever do together without us being dicks to each other (we never got along), and it just stayed with me. It's fun still to watch it, and now as an 'adult' I get to appreciate the storylines and the creativity...well when they feel like utilising the creativity :p

Awww Batista and Lesnar before your time? I feel old :'(

I forgot all about Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus...probably because we both know who's going to win. I love Bryan, but damn his character pisses me off, which means he's doing an awesome job at it. Sheamus will win...and it will be annoying, then he'll probably have a match against Orton next month because as we all know, Orton gets a million chances even though he never earns them in the story.

lol if they treat it as a passing of the torch...they're 6 years too late. Cena's been on almost every WM poster since '06, and almost every ppv poster as well xD Not to mention...11 time champion -_-'

haha yeah, wrestling is heaps fun to watch and my boyfriend is a fan too, so it's pretty cool to have someone to watch it with and complain about it with later :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)