Wright Village Anyone? (2 Viewers)

Ashleet

HSC
i though austen was my second, but the people said that albies was and that was full so they are forwarding it onto duval. im guessing that if you dont ask them to forward they will keep you on the waiting list (which i was told there is very little chance of getting a spot this year). I'm just gonna re apply next year for wright.

I'm not sure which ones are full, but i know at least 4 are ( albies and wright are definate). A place in town is also an option, but you have to also consider that you'd have to buy/bring all furniture, pay for electricity/water/phone etc and transport. Have you talked to your sister about the car?

Arts wise i'm not sure but ive basically narrowed it down to ancient history, international relations, french, communication, political science, psychology and theatre studies. Broad rangebut leaves me with options. How about you? hey even if we arent in the same classes i'm sure we'll meet there anyway.

natrap

The application said to wait 10 days so I'll contact them in about a week. My mum will be pleased that I won't be going to Wright. Though she won't be pleased with the prospect that I won't get any campus accomodation. As for place in town yeah there are a lot of things to consider - which I haven't really. As for the car I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet - she's at a camp for the next 2 weeks.

As for the Arts subjects most of mine will come from the ones you mentioned. For me Modern rathern than Ancient History is a possibility. International relations & Political Science is one I definitely want to do. I thought it was one together but if its two subjects all the better. Communication might have something I'm interested in too - I like to communicate? Psychology I'm interested in but I'm not so sure - too scientific I think for me. Sociology might be more to my likings. French is a definite no no. I had to do it for a semester in Year 7 and I never took to it. Frankly I never took to any language. I can't see the point in studying a language. Too cut and dry - not really anything of interest - but hey that's just me. If it has something to offer you then go for it. Theatre studies also isn't really me (I presume it is essentially Drama). I consider life one big stageshow - or one big reality show (argh I hate those). One other that from the name interest me is Peace Studies. I imagine it is about how peace is achieved and kept.

By the way I added you to my msn list but you never seem to be on. Have you allowed me to see your online status?

Ashleet

HSC
i have to reload msn, i got a new laptop and im rearranging all the stuff, so ill get around to it asap. International relations and political science are pretty much my definate too (might come in handy in the future) i wouldnt expect many to do theatre, just that i did drama in the hsc and loved the theory of it so its my thing. might actually download msn now....

natrap

Got a laptop for uni? I'm thinking of getting one. I've got some money in shares that I've been saving indefinitely. I reckon uni is a good enough reason to sell em.

Yeah they would be my top two as well. I enjoy history but found yr 12 modern history a bit of a let down so I'd wanna find out what history is studied before selecting that.

Now I'm actually looking forward to uni starting. Seeing as though I don't have a job I'm getin kinda bored. Now I'm going to Melbourne for a week in February to see family so it kinda puts the final nail in the job idea.

When you get msn setup I'm natrappa@hotmail.com

natrap

You do 4 units each semester. In first year of Arts/Law the suggested course plan is to do all Arts subjects in first year. You can choose to do 1 Law subject each semester in first year though. I'm not sure if that would mean you do 5 units each semester or if you do one less arts unit. However you do it you will complete 18 Arts units across the whole degree. If you use the suggested course plan then you will do 8 in first year, 4 in second and third year and 2 in fourth year. I'm not entirely sure when you must choose a major. Of the 4 subjects you choose for first semester I think you must continue at least 2 of them in second semester.

Last edited:

natrap

I just received official notification from Wright Village that they are full for 2004. It says that my application will now be considered by my subsequent preferences, and I will be contacted by the college that is able to offer me a place. It also says that I am welcome to apply for transfer during 2004 is a vacancy becomes available (perhaps someone will really hate it there).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)