Wrist/hand damage from exams? (1 Viewer)

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
-may-cat- said:
Hey guys, i went a little bit overboard during my legal studies exam and now everytime i pick up a pen and try to write i get this pain shooting up my wrist and into my arm.

Im a bit worried cuz i can't write properly and i have my Ancient History exam on friday, is this the kind of thing that 'just goes away'? If not what can i do?
maybe you should stop giving out handjobs instead of blaming it on exams

lala2

Banned
HSC
AusBluesMan has given a very comprehensive post. If it's still not good, apply for special consideration. If that still doesn't work, take a painkiller just before the exam and hope all goes well. Probably Nurofen or something, none of that paracetamol stuff if it's really painful.

BlueGiraffe

HSC
Sorry i can't be as up beat as everyone else, but I have a similar problem. I went crazy doing practice essays in time before the half yearlies and then wrote insane amounts in the exams... I ended up with RSI or tendonitis or something (the doctor I went to handed me a text book and told me to figure it out) and bascially I wore a wrist support for ages, but my writing speed has decreased a bit and it comes back when I write too much...
But seriously the best thing you can do is wrest it - idealy with a wrist support.
Good Luck...

HSC
Eat a slab of cement and harden the fuck up.

There are far worse things you could be doing than writing so seriously... harden the fuck up.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
mythical chaos said:

There are far worse things you could be doing than writing so seriously... harden the fuck up.
Lol. It's a valid injury, dude. It CAN de debilitating, and that isn't good if your in the middle of your HSC exams, ie. the gate to the rest of your life (for some people). A small twinge in your wrist can lead to the worst form of RSI, so she has a right to be worried.

Sure, there are harder things, it's not hard to not be a dick though...

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
mythical chaos said:

i'll save my cement eating habits till after the hsc i think.

thanks guys for the help! it is slowly going away :)
im just a worrier

BlueGiraffe

HSC
henry08 said:
You're telling me! I went there and expected this awesome diagnosis (like Dr. House style) and instead this guy who wasn't much older than me picked up a textbook from the shelf that said 'The Hand', got a ruler and measured where I said it hurt to my wrist and then told me it was something on this page and asked which one I thought it was.
I chose one, he told me to rest it and I got a wrist guard. I'm not sure he was actually the doctor come to think of it... maybe an elaborate prank.

jennieTalia

HSC
BlueGiraffe said:
You're telling me! I went there and expected this awesome diagnosis (like Dr. House style) and instead this guy who wasn't much older than me picked up a textbook from the shelf that said 'The Hand', got a ruler and measured where I said it hurt to my wrist and then told me it was something on this page and asked which one I thought it was.
I chose one, he told me to rest it and I got a wrist guard. I'm not sure he was actually the doctor come to think of it... maybe an elaborate prank.
HAHAHAHA. Damm I wish House was my doctor :)
His beautiful English Oxford Accent (off camera mind) is like yum yum. Even if he is old, he has a brain I would marry :)

BlueGiraffe

HSC
jennieTalia said:
HAHAHAHA. Damm I wish House was my doctor :)
His beautiful English Oxford Accent (off camera mind) is like yum yum. Even if he is old, he has a brain I would marry :)
Lol, well good luck with your endeavour. I wish he was my doctor becasue he actually figures out what's wrong and fixes it! now wouldn't that be nice...

missashy

HSC
im sure if you can type you can write. lols as for me my hand cramps are beginning to worsen especially after todays 2 exams but luckily i only have 1 left :)
i knew i should have trained my left hand !

inter108

HSC
I'm used to writing excessive amounts.

in one burst. 3hours.

but i can't prolong the act.

tj08

HSC
dont know if this is still an issue for you or not, hopefully your hand is heaps better. But just thought id give you some advice from my experience...Be careful what you do to try and fix your hand! I had the exact same thing during trials... I put Deep Heat on it the day before my modern history exam in my trials and it didnt really work, so i woke up the next morning and rubbed just a little bit of neurofen gel on my hand to hopefully numb the pain so i could write without pain for the exam!

So i got on the bus to go to the exam and about halfway there i realsed my entire hand has gone completely numb... like i cant even move it at all. So i tried to make it get better but by the time i had to go into the exam my hand was still completely numb, i had to get a misadventure, do my exam at another time and go to the doctor! Turns out that because i had damaged my mucles and nerves, putting certain things on that area can screw them up a fair bit. It got better after another day or two... but just be careful what you put on it because it unfortunately can make it worse! Just dont use it and massaging it helps a lot too. Good luck for ancient! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)