Write or read notes (1 Viewer)

maths94

HSC
Just wondering would it be best to read/memorise notes from other sources which have thorough notes, or would you just write from multiple sources and summarise yourself then memorise. l believe reading/memorising notes from which l do not have to write l just memorise. While if l write by the time l have finished that topic l would have most likely memorised 1/4 to 1/2 the topic. But just wondering what is your take on this, read or write your notes?

C

colourhide

i find it easier to memorise information if i write the notes. personally i don't like using other people's notes and memorising as they may miss some parts or even add too much information.

wrecking

derp.
HSC
it's best to write your own notes because you'd be learning as you write them. use other people's notes once you know the topic/subject well enough because you can grab any info you might've left out. it works differently for everyone though. one time i didn't have enough time to write my own notes so i read someone else's notes -- i didn't know what the hell was going on and it took forever for me to grasp the concept lol.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
writing definitely. because u intrinsically pay more attention and absorb more information than if u just read it

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
I use other people's notes, textbook and worksheets to make a large summary myself. it works really well because if one source is missing something another covers it.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Type my own notes, print, read, highlight, read again until I understand the concept. Maths and English: write, write and do heaps of practice qs.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah definitely write. Having other people's notes can help to look off as a guide, but you really need to do your own if you want to commit the content to memory. : )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)