Writer's block :( (1 Viewer)

shimmy&shine

HSC
I suggest anyone interested in 'writers block' to read the book 'the midnight disease', where it discusses the phyiscal state of mind, and draws on substantial cases like Mozart, Plath, Stephen King.
Go check it out, it's an interesting read, and i'm using pieces of its ideas for my poems.
So before you dismiss the idea of 'writers block', please do a bit of research on it, and you never know, it may help anyone out who view themselves as creative writers (and as poets, i'm assuming we all are) :)

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but free-writing sessions are awesome.

The scene: You, a pen, and a piece of paper.
The rules: You are to write non-stop for 5 minutes (set yourself a timer). You may not lift your pen off the paper, you may not pause at any time for any reason even if it means you have to write "I don't know what to write right now!!!"

You may use a stimulus if you wish, but only spend 5 seconds deciding on one.

After this, have a look through and circle anything you like or think has potential. Then, work on these bits :)

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
glitterfairy said:
I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier, but free-writing sessions are awesome.

The scene: You, a pen, and a piece of paper.
The rules: You are to write non-stop for 5 minutes (set yourself a timer). You may not lift your pen off the paper, you may not pause at any time for any reason even if it means you have to write "I don't know what to write right now!!!"

You may use a stimulus if you wish, but only spend 5 seconds deciding on one.

After this, have a look through and circle anything you like or think has potential. Then, work on these bits :)
Just to add to that, it's a good idea to do this just before you go to sleep (so you can reflect on the day) and right after you wake up (dreams tend to be good inspiration)

half_caste

HSC
Man I am so behind.

I have not started my Major Work - but i have done the hugest chunk of research that there ever was lol.

I'm starting tomorrow and plan to get it done pretty soon. Then the editing after etc. etc.

I know I'll burn but oh well.

What surprised me however was that my MW outline was 2000 words...and it wasn't even that detailed so hopefully I can draw from that when I get Herpes...I mean Writer's Block.

Imanuel Redding

HSC
Just do some free writing. write random stuff for five minutes straight and then work on that. Then you should have some thoughts to work with as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)