writing a debate - HELP (1 Viewer)

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
got a bnw/br question that asked me to write a debate. what kind of language do i use and is the structure similar to the essay? not sure... help

danz90

HSC
jkwii said:
got a bnw/br question that asked me to write a debate. what kind of language do i use and is the structure similar to the essay? not sure... help
that's from the 2008 independent english adv trial right? I had that question in my trial.

for a debate, firstly you must use emotive language, with heightened tone. in terms of structure, there is no really cemented structure for a debate, if you are only taking one stance (affirmative or negative).

you would also have to include phrases such as "while the negative may sway you to believe otherwise... it is in the affirmative's opinion that blade runner and brave new world reveal a common understanding about 'in the wild'..." to make it feel like more of a debate.

i got 18/20 for this response in my trial.. because I could've made it more like a debate, however I did use emotive language as well as some language features of a debate (ie affirming a viewpoint.. "hence it is clearly evident that...")

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)