• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Writing Ancient History Notes! (1 Viewer)

classics_chic

HSC
Essays are incredibly helpful, but I think you need to summarise as well or else there's no way you're going to remember it all!

To write essays to prepare for the HSC, I'd recommend starting with books, and then gradually taking the books away, then starting to time yourself: at first give yourself an hour, then cut it down little by little. It worked for me!

Best of luck! :)

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
But how much do you all put in your notes?
I always end up feeling like i've got too much

-blueblue-

hey!
HSC
N/A
if you feel like you have too much info/detail/length whatever, then summarise, count down and down to you have a small set of notes before topics. dont stress i they are not too long ( as you would have learnt info when cutting the notes down)

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i always have the same problem - i feel like i have 2 many points. what i do is, after ive done my notes, i write some essays. then, i look over the essays with my notes beside me and compare how many points ive used. u see which ones u never use - and if they havent been relevant 2 a whole heap of questions, then i just scrap them form my list. this is also good coz u see if u were consistently missing out on some important points: so u r culling ur list of points while working out which areas u need more work on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)