Writing and Cultural Studies + Law/International Studies (1 Viewer)

Zedmeister

Terminal Procrastinator
HSC
For people who do either combo or Writing on its own...

Objectively...

Is it any good?

Seriously.

I think I would really enjoy some parts of it...

But if it's like eng ext 2...

1 year of that was enough.

The deadlines, the bragging, the nagging, (the gagging)

Let's face it, UTS isn't as well known as the others (except for IT) and...

Do you guys REALLY host the Australian Writers Festival (i know you have something to do with it...)

How many people do it?

How many drop out?

I need all the dirt

Thanks

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
UTS have a writers festival, and UTS Journalism students write the "Festival News" paper and website for the Sydney Writers Festival.

I don't do writing so I can't really tell you much about it, but UTS is pretty well known for it's communications degrees, it's just that the faculty is a lot smaller than IT etc but in the industry the degrees are very well regarded. But I think every semester you have to do major work type things for your writing subjects.

aliciat

HSC
i've done Writing for almost a whole year now. And...actually I don't really know that much about it.

But yeah for both semesters you have to get your major work workshopped by the class before you hand it it.

Zedmeister

Terminal Procrastinator
HSC
How many people graduate each year and into what sort of professions?

UTS seems like the best uni for writing courses, but I still don't know how widely recognised or useful it really is.

(and are the lecturers any good? - be honest)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
We can't possibly give you any answers for that question unless you tell us what kind of career you are looking at getting out of it.

If you want to be a writer, no matter what degree you have it will be tough to find jobs. Doesn't it have a list of the types of careers you can pursue in the course description, I thought it did for the UTS communications degrees.

aliciat

HSC
In writing there is no lectures and tutorials. Instead there are three hour seminars, it's like a tutorial except...for three hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)