Writing AOS Essay (1 Viewer)

BigBear_25

HSC
Hi ppl,

I seem to have a problem completing an AOS essay.
My problem is that in 40 minutes I can usually finish writing
about 2 texts and get half way through the third and never
get to my related material (in these essays i try to cover 2
Skrzynecki, one stim and one related). And i am able to right
3 complete A4 pages and a bit more.

I know this is pretty shit and i know that i still have time to
improve. Anybody got any tips or hints.

HSC
tried writing with a gel pen- they are quicker, as many people have said and they are correct within reason quality always beats quantity- ideally u should have both but its up to how fast u can write, i guess u have time still to get faster, try writing out your essays repeatedly and whenever u get a chance to write an essay write it- and time it your writing speed will improve. i got mine to about 1200 words in 40 minutes.

A l

HSC
N/A
Almost 3 A4 pages for 2 texts may be a bit excessive on detail. Perhaps you should be more succinct. Spend no more than 5-10 minutes per text. Each text should take about 75% of an A4 page if your writing is in an average sized font. That should equate to about 3 pages and a bit including introduction and conclusion.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
I agree with Al - for a 40 minute essay you're obviously putting in too much detail. Get some practice questions and try just writing essay plans first, get a feel for how much detail you need on each text when you have four to discuss equally. then go through the essays you've done and edit them severely - just leave in the most important points. can you condense a few points together? are you using multiple examples where one would suffice? and yes, practice makes perfect :)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Okay a couple of tips here:

1. Yes use Gel pens, I would recommend the ubi-ball ones, the ones made in Japan.
2. Write extremely extremely big, this helps you to virtually get to the page limit required.
3. If you're a natural, or...one who needs alot of writing, practice x 5 times for each extended response question. Also, a thing that scored me band 6s were integration of texts. There is no where in the syllabus that states that you must do 1 text per paragraph. If you're lucky + skillful, (I used Skrzynecki's poems) use 2 poems in one paragraph, as well as a related text, this helps you to not only 'go around the rules of essay writing' but also scores you bonus points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)