Writing Better Essays - A guide by l-Mercedes-l (1 Viewer)

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
Hey 06'ers!

This is quick summary that should improve the way that you write. I've included a number of ideas and techniques that i learned last year in Adv and 3u. In short, these are the things that i wish somebody had told me a year ago. I know there's stacks of acronyms and theories out there but these are the ones i found helpful and worthwhile. I maintained a 90-95% average throughout the year in 2u.

Any comments or criticism are appreciated. If you think this is helpful then let me know and ill post specific notes for the modules that i did, but i dont want to waste time editing my notes if they aren't going to be beneficial.

WARNING: Alot of this is my personal opinion and things that i was told by my english teachers and you may not agree with all of it which is fine. Also they're in pink, in typical mercedes style! =)

Sorry in advance for any spelling errors or gramatical errors. Nobody's perfect :)

Best wishes guys!

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Yeh thanks for your opinion. I'll just print that out.
BTW, the bright pink letters hurt my eyes.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Nice guide there. :)

Somebody sticky this please!

And the pink's not that bright... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Wow, that's really helpful, thanks! :):):)

I like the pink, especially the table! :D

And, only if you totally don't mind, modulus notes would be appreciated. :D But only if you're not too busy, or something. :)

genie*

HSC
Wow...thanks for these tips...Gotta go start writing then!! and some examples from the modules would be nice too!! Thank you!;)

Sewwy

HSC
Thankyou. Thankyou thankyou thankyou!

I've had a lot of problems with my essay writing lately, and this will help me a whole lot. :)

charcharxx

yeahh jann. xx
HSC
they were great
thanks!

wondering what your related texts were for advanced english?
x

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
I remember this good ol' thread. It's a shame that you can't get all this 'planning time' throughout the exam.

Remember that in Paper 2, time is really crucial. You only get 40 minutes for each essay and here's my word of warning: there are lots of people who either leave a question unfinished or don't even attempt it.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
f_ck. i haven't even written an essay, let alone refined an essay and timed it, let alone done a timed paper.

sparcod, your tips are awesome, but daym are they freaking me out :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)