Writing Fast - crash course :D (2 Viewers)

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
im in the same boat as enigma.. i can get about 1600.. its readable, but its just not very neat. been doing it with the same pen over and over - an inky one... they help me to write heaps fast. That and a detalied knowledge of what im bsing about.. i generally don't stop and think in sec 111

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC
ahahahaha.... interesting... i guess on the way back from school i'll be spending an hour in the newsagency trying all thier pens lol and when my parents find me scribling out page after page theyll think im obsessed with my new pen lol

Last edited:

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
I'm also one of those 1300+ word people. Mine is actually relatively legible.

One major tip is to warm up. Before I go in, and during the 5 minutes reading time, I shake and stretch my hand. That way I'm ready to go as soon as it starts.

Also, don't grip the pen too tightly, and remember to breathe. When your concentrating really hard, you tend to stop breathing, and that way you become tired.

Carnivour

HSC
think sentences ahead.
think of how what you are writing now can be linked to something else.
dont stop writing to think.
and yes, do what everyone else said - dont hold the pen too tightly, chose one that glides easier. speaking of which, whats the general concensus? gel or ink?

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
_dhj_ said:
I prefer Gel

(But i'm one of those 800words ppl :()
Same. I could do about 1000 words with no thinking. But thats it, no faster no slower.

Carnivour

HSC
^ Yeah, me too. Thats why I'm not too keen on gel. *sigh*
if only i had some stupid syndrome and could have a keyboard.

and to the person who said bullshit no one can write 1600 in 40 minues. if you finish the first section early, ie 30 minutes, and go overtime into the creative, thats about an hour.
now, i think its much much easier to pick up marks in the first section, therefore you should sacrifice some time from there to the essay, where it is much harder to pick up the extra mark or two to get 15.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
1600 = 40 words a minute = 2 words every 3 seconds.

queenie

I know what ur thinkin...
HSC
err i can do about 1550 in 40 mins... and its legible.

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
MuffinMan said:
how bout a papermate flexgrip ultra? im gonna use it tomorrow
I use a papermate 4 ball. Its nothing special, but I like it because its thick. Thicker pens let you relax your grip more.

I'd also like to point out that I don't exclusively use cursive writing like most other speedsters do. I manly use print, but there are some letters that I do link, such as e's and h's.

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I'm typing. So two words every three seconds is a breeze.
My practice AOS Section II was 1800 in 40 mins.

chensta

HSC
N/A
thx for all the great tips, maybe there is hope for me yet, what im realy worried is the question is asking for something totally different to my prepared essay ..... then i'd be lucky to get 100 words in 40 minutes :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)