Writing Faster - TIPS (1 Viewer)

wonmin

HSC
Long ass writing exams?:dog:

This is just from experience but if you tend to get calluses around your fingers where pressure is immense when writing (We left handers write weird apparently by 'righties'), you can possibly use band-aid around the affected area to lessen the pressure, allowing you to write with more endurance. Or even apply some material under the band-aid for a more effective result. Try it out. It feels like you are writing with nothing (HP style).

You can put cut some cardboard or even piece of plastic ruler under the band-aid.

If you do try this. Should try get used to it.

I'm sure this wont count as cheating.

Any other tips? Comment below.

Katherwin

HSC
About two weeks before the exams, I sticky-taped two AA Batteries to the end of my pen and wrote everything (which was a lot) with it. I took the batteries off for the exams and now Im writing as much, if not more, than I wrote in the trials in a lesser amount of time. Its pretty exciting.

Probably irrelevant now though...

kanux

HSC
I used a bandaid for my modules exams, worked for about half the exam but ended up yanking it later during the exam.

I used to hold my pen so tight that when I scrunch my fingers, my mid finger cracks. Still does when I get calluses.
Changed my writing style, used to write cursive until yr 9 commerce was killing my middle finger.
Pretty much print now.
Also, just using a better pen specifically just for exams. One that doesn't need you to stab a hole in the paper to write.
Gel and ink pens are the way to go in my opinion. Ball pens are okay as long as its not those cheap shitty pens...

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Learn to write with two hands.
at the same time, might i add.
it works well, especially since i just wrote my memorised essays in the exam, so i wrote one page with my left hand and one with my right hand at the same time. pretty effiicient.

LordPc

HSC
writing faster wont help you that much in exams. you will waste most of your time thinking about what to write. and the only way to think faster is to study so that you can recall the information quicker

key to writing more is to study more.

nosh22

HSC
My hand was bleeding the night before my english modules paper. Bleeding!!

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I like the battery idea which I've heard before... that will be my practice for English. Otherwise I'm very fast.

wonmin

HSC
I used the battery technique. In maths class the teacher thought I was insane. I pretty much used it for all my subjects. It wasn't too bad. Reminds me of rock lee from Naruto (Not that I'm a huge fan or anything). :ninja:

silverpen

HSC
My hand was bleeding before the night before my english modules paper. Bleeding!!
Bahaha I know all too well what thats like.

I have a nob (yes...a nob) on my left hand ring finger (as I am a lefty) now from writing pain and bloody blistering

wonmin

HSC
it works well, especially since i just wrote my memorised essays in the exam, so i wrote one page with my left hand and one with my right hand at the same time. pretty effiicient.

:jaw: I can imagine the people sitting next to you just staring at you write.

wonmin

HSC
Bahaha I know all too well what thats like.

I have a nob (yes...a nob) on my left hand ring finger (as I am a lefty) now from writing pain and bloody blistering

Ekk! We lefties are definitely suffering the most. We should apply for misadventure.

dayyna

HSC
i've only just started the HSC and have already developed tennis elbow in my right arm from all the writing!

HSC
i reckon its better to time urself more earlier than the time given for exams, so that you can get the practice + finish exams earlier :)

lychnobity

HSC
To the pianists out there, now is the time to use your wrist and arm strength to your advantage!

I learned to hold my pen in different ways so that when certain muscles get tired, I can switch to another pen grip. Works pretty well actually - have managed to get about 1700 words in 40 mins.

Don't hold the pen too tightly

Buy a nice, smooth pen and use it all the time (I can't write properly when my pen changes). Preferably inky, and one that doesn't require much force to ooze ink

Rainie

HSC
I always grip my pen too tight. Use gel pens (preferrably with grips) and write away. Make sure they're not the cheapie oil based ones...once I had one explode from the heat of my hand as I was writing not to mention, the cheapie ones smudge as they don't dry as fast as the more expensive ones =='

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
+1

this is the way to go boys. i've never looked back since i began using this method.

smelnizzle

HSC
Uni Grad
(a bit late now but..)

when it came to english, my teacher advised to have 3 pens of different width and change pens to avoid your hand cramping - since your hand would be focusing on holding onto that same, damn pen for two hours straight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)