Writing Faster? (1 Viewer)

riddler619

Whenever I'm in a test situation I always end up running out of time and having to leave out detail because of this. How can I speed up my writing in a week for my half yearly's? Or even by the end of the year?

^___^
HSC
practice makes perfect

i regret that i didn't practice writing faster..cos i could have written like 2and half books instead of 1..

so practice and practice..u still have a long time

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
fast and CONTROLLED writing is the way to go. u just have to a "writer" person. thinking fast may be good as well once u get ur speed up. u just have to not be so pendantic with every little letter or word. dont be super neat but dont make it illegible either. just practise practise practise. most of the ppl who write slowly and ask me to help them write faster, dont even bother practising so just write heaps unitl u can write faster. there is not magic way.

santaslayer

HSC
ur mind should be going faster then ur pen......that way, everything speeds up.....
and plus, do u think maybe that u stall too much in between questions or ON a question?.....that might be affecting u as well

Giant Lobster

HSC
when not in exams, use cheap pens that have a high resistance.
then when exams come, switch to an expensive pen that glides. thats what i do. takes a few minutes to adapt to it, so fiddle around with ur "exam" pen in the morning b4 the exam to get used to it.

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
when not in exams, use cheap pens that have a high resistance.
then when exams come, switch to an expensive pen that glides. thats what i do. takes a few minutes to adapt to it, so fiddle around with ur "exam" pen in the morning b4 the exam to get used to it.
huh? i dont get it! seriously

korry

HSC
N/A
those kilometrico pens go pretty fast

also its good to handwrite ur essays for like class tasks the teacher gives you...instead of typing them

its good to practice....like just try rewriting something you've written in say the 40mins...and do it a few times...after while u find that u get faster with more time at the end...but its really important that u keep it legible...i mean it doesn't hafta be neat neat...just legible

DopeyB

HSC
you just gotta build up the strength in your wrists, like jerkin ur gerkin. and remember....practice..practice..practice

HSC
Originally posted by DopeyB
you just gotta build up the strength in your wrists, like jerkin ur gerkin. and remember....practice..practice..practice
I can see DopeyB is going to last long on these forums.

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by *girl04*
huh? i dont get it! seriously
ill rephrase:
when not in exams, use shit pens that take a lot of effort to write with. that way your hand and wrist muscles get a workout
then when exam comes, switch to a pen that is easy to write with.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
My advice (based on HSC marking). Spend some time actually doing a plan at the start of your essays as markers have to mark everything so if you have your plan at the start of your essay with your major points and examples, they have to look at it and mark it as apart of your exam. Not talking about a detailed plan but something that is a series of points to cover your body of work.
Also, sounds dumb but work out how long you should actually be spending on each section and when you hit that time limit-move on....
eg in SOR 1, its a 90 minute exam worth 50 marks therefore its about 2 minutes per mark (1.8). There are 4 sections so its:
sect 1= 10 marks= 18 minutes
sect 2= 10 marks=18 minutes
sect 3= 10 marks=18 minutes
section 4=20 marks= 36 minutes

I think that adds up???

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
i use about 2 - 7 pens all with different diameters.. my problem is that when i write heaps i develop a cramp, and that cramp slows me down, so i use heavy pens, thick pens, light pens (bic's and kilometrics), parker pens, gel pens, all of them. It stops cramping and allows you to write faster.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
good pens/pens you're comfy wit are a good idea...
but the main thing you need to do is write up an essay question or something and set yourself say 1hr to do it in...then do it again like 1-2 days after in a shorter amount of time...
keep doin this (with different questions) untill you get heaps quick..it also helps you memorise your stuff

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
I rock up to the exam with

1# two pens- both black- one for back up, you'll be surprised how often you'll need him.
2# a pencil and a ruler (just out of habbit)
3# and an orange crayon to highlight important stuff to the examiner and myself, makes important points stand out ;)

Juventino

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)