Writing notes biology (1 Viewer)

The Professor

HSC
Hello, all!

Okay, so as I was writing my biology and I realised that a few sections of my text book were not covered in the syllabus.
For example, the structure of haemoglobin, controlling temperature ..

Should I supplement these into my notes? Or would it be useless?
i mean, people have been telling me that you're only tested on what is in the syllabus - but it's not in the syllabus.
Is it assumed knowledge? SHOULD I JUST ADD EVERYTHING IN MY BOOK JUST IN CASE

Thanks

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe you should just make a separate note of these extra information into a separate document from your notes-while it is true that you will only be tested on the syllabus, but it never hurts to know slightly beyond the syllabus-it allows you to demonstrate extensive knowledge if you get asked a very tricky question where it is worth a lot of marks... but by all means, don't add it in your notes-just understand those concepts and how these relate/extend syllabus points, ask your teacher if you are still unsure... but even if you put those sections into your notes-it won't hurt-because you can always condense your notes later... hope this helps:)

Last edited:

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it would have helped if I slightly knew beyond the syllabus for the communication topic. If there wasn't this question that didn't match with any of the syllabus dot points, I would have state ranked.

timeflies

HSC
It might be some good background knowledge or something that helps you further understand the topic so if you can, I'd include it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)