Writing someone elses name on an attendance sheet (1 Viewer)

HSC
A friend asked me to sign an attendance sheet on his behalf for a lecture next week. I'm nervous i will get caught or the lecturer will pick up on this. Has anyone ever done this or know of instances where people have done this successfully?

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
A friend asked me to sign an attendance sheet on his behalf for a lecture next week. I'm nervous i will get caught or the lecturer will pick up on this. Has anyone ever done this or know of instances where people have done this successfully?
It's common, unless the lecturer or tutor calls out the list of names at the end.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Rofl. I always did it. But that was when attendance wasnt compulsory. Like lecturer was planning to see the relationship between going to lectures and marks

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
So when they are logging the attendance it's not someone that you think they'll pick up on if the handwriting of two names looks similar
They won't notice handwriting.

They may notice a missing face though. Academics are more observant than they may come across.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
you're going to get a detention

Schmeag

HSC
N/A
They won't notice handwriting.

They may notice a missing face though. Academics are more observant than they may come across.
You say this, but it is far from a foolproof method. It is not impossible to encounter a situation where an honest, but absent student has been cautioned and a chronic absentee has been awarded a 100% attendance certificate.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
It's a normal thing unless the lecturer or tutor call out student names.
I once saw someone wrote "PRESENT" for his friend instead of forging his signature.

a19901213

HSC
People do this all the time, you can't really stop them.

This is why some lecturers now use the electronic way which they bring a small scanning machine and you need to scan your student ID every time you come to the lecture.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)