Writing Speed (2 Viewers)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I had the same exam as midnight pen. I wrote roughly 1000 words in 45-46 minutes because I had to stop and think. Now I have RSI =(

swathard

HSC
i wrote 1700 words in my 50 minute half yearly yesterday. = )

vincent3g

A member
HSC
I tried using a fountain pen, (since there were threads before going on how fountain pens can speed up your writing) and in my half yearly,
with a prepared essay, I could write 1400 words in 40 mins.

HSC
can i ask why you sit at the back?

just curious..that's all :)

and how many pages is 1700?
cos i got 5..but my writing is pretty small and in print

swathard

HSC
can i ask why you sit at the back?

just curious..that's all :)

and how many pages is 1700?
cos i got 5..but my writing is pretty small and in print
heyyy yeah im pretty sure it was about 1700. i didnt have a prepared essay so I couldnt be sure, but i fit about 10 words a line or so and i did 9 pages.

umm about why i sit at the back, that's fine that you asked. its coz I have a severe back problem and I have to move around during exams so Im not allowed to just sit there straight through.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I'll upload a sample of my writing later (it's big loopy and looks like a little kids writing). I often print in class, but in exam I start to join up my letters as my speed inscreases. A funny note though, I don't use my index finger when I write, my hands used to be too smallso I'd need my rude finger to support my index finger and my pink to support my ring finger when I write but now I just use rude and ring finger along with my thumb to write.

Fly Kite

HSC
I'll upload a sample of my writing later (it's big loopy and looks like a little kids writing). I often print in class, but in exam I start to join up my letters as my speed inscreases. A funny note though, I don't use my index finger when I write, my hands used to be too smallso I'd need my rude finger to support my index finger and my pink to support my ring finger when I write but now I just use rude and ring finger along with my thumb to write.
it is little kids writing:) its just that u use pens that are too thick and you have bad technique in holding a pen

duckcowhybrid

HSC
If I use a thinner pen I get RSI and can't move my hand for 2-3 hours. I need soft thick pens.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
You write nearly 40 words a minute consistently, thats very fast.

duckcowhybrid

HSC

Here a sample of my 2U English introduction written under exam conditions, I wrote this in about 5 minutes.

natangel13

HSC
Well our advance teacher says that we should do minimum 1000 in 50 minutes, and for HSC minimum 1200... Currently I can write about 1000 in 50 minutes... if i'm prepared that is, 40 minutes maybe 700-800?
Dude, what you do is you sit for 3-4 mins every second day and just write whatever and see how much you write and then compare it to the one you done before. According to my Eng teacher after 3-4 weeks you can write like 100-200 words more than before. But i dont know...never tried. soooo....yeah:)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A

Here a sample of my 2U English introduction written under exam conditions, I wrote this in about 5 minutes.
Thanks for yr handwriting specimen. I now have an idea of what it looks like. Good thing is, it can be read, but still plenty of scope for improvement. I've no idea what speed is fast and maybe u are writing feverishly fast. But u want it neater and 'nicer' looking.

Last edited:

tku336

HSC
About 25-35. Depending on what subject (eco you dont need to think as much, so i can get up to 35-40. mhistory and english you need to think more, so it goes down to 25-30.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)