Writing Structure in PE (1 Viewer)

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Is it me or are responses in PDHPE completely retarded in comparison to other subjects. In english teahchers are constantly talking about synthesis and meshing all your texts together to have a flowing essay and linking things together, while its completely different in PDHPE you have to start a new paragraph and do it like year 6. Say what the thing is then define it etc

I feel that PE lacks sophistication and I always wondered why it scaled so poorly for a dense subject, i realised that marks are easy if you dont write very compactly at all. It takes no skill to structure a good answer its just hard for people doing english to completely change all the time from synthesis in english to 6 individual essays in 1 in PDHPe.

Does anyone agree or disagree with me

Eyetalian

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
yeah pe is retarted. i got marked down in one of my assessments because my essay was "too structured and layered" and i was told that i write more like a history/english student. its so stupid and it makes me feel really odd when im writing for pe because, to me what ive written is not very sophisticated but i get awesome marks. so all i can say is accept it and alter your style to what they want....even if it feels odd :)

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
you dont know how thankful i am to hear someone who agrees with me. I just got 80% for a 25% assessment in PE because of this English synthesis business and now i have to alter my writing for one subject hopefully its not too late to go well I really want a band 6 its just that at my school being selective there are some students who always gain full marks just naturally smart.

Lol i looked around my class today and thought is anyone here actually good at english and didnt see many people and the people that I did see who are always top 3 in the grade overall never gain the outstanding marks in Pe

Thankyou for agreeing people

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)