Writing... (1 Viewer)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
HOW DO SOME OF YOU PEOPLE WRITE SO MUCH??
DONT YOU STOP TO THINK FOR 3 SECONDS?
DOESNT YOUR FUCKING HAND HURT?
ITS INSANE..

/end rant

but seriously...anyone got any writing fast techniques? :(

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
i just keep writing as fast as i can think. thats the thing, you think a lot faster than you write so as long as you're focused and know what you want to say, there's really no reason to stop to "think".

sorry :eek:

but really the faster you write, the more it comes to you. maybe try and focus more on what you're writing as well as tryin out different writing styles that feel better.

:eek: (should've told you this before)

Snow Pea!

Touch it Bring it Pay it
HSC
my wrting went from readable to this scrawl that looks slightly like chicken scratch and ill give a sticker to the marker that can read it! :D

Gummy_bear

HSC
All i can suggest to stop your hand/wrist from hurting is:

* whenever you need to stop and think, massage your hand while you do so.

* Make circles with your wrist when your thinking.

* Get a pen that has good grip (mine has extra cusion :) )

* Be sure that your arm isnt at a weird angle coz that will make it worse.

* Keep your posture, because it will help with the overall pain.

* If you can, crack your knuckles befor the exam, i find that it helps, though it may jsut be me. (be sure not to crack your knuckles DURING the exam)

* Try to consiously hole your pen loosely, i have lots of trouble with holing my pen too hard, so i try not to during exams, it really helps.

And lastely,

* Dont hole your pen at the tip of it, try to hold it where your supposed to, i tend to hold my pen right at the tip, but it makes it hurt more, so i had to learn to write while i held the pen further up.

I got some of these tips from a former HSCer and others from when i had a 'tutor' for my writing. i used to be sooo bad it wasnt funny,b ut illedgable! It turns out i was holding it all wrong and stuff, so i had to re-learn all that jazz.

Doesnt help that i never got my 'pen liscence' in primary school. lol.

Anyway, i hope that helped :)

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Gummy_bear said:
be sure not to crack your knuckles DURING the exam
Why?

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Gummy_bear

HSC
Im pretty sure people will be pretty peeved if you do, its very loud, and sometimes it hurts so that wont help.

iSam

HSC
If you can hold your pen correctly (I never do, because my writing is illedgible when I do), you can write for hours without it hurting. Sometimes I'll hold it properly during a 2-3 hour exam, and my hand won't hurt at all when I come out, whether I've written 8+ pages or not. But quite often, my hand'll just slip back into my natural grip, which is awful to write with for 3 hours.

I think it's just getting the right grip, and like you said before, relaxing it when your not writing.

Last edited:

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yep, as gummy_bear said, hold your pen as loosely as possible but still in control--it saved me in Modules, having learnt a painful lesson in AOS.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Hmm.. I'v never had the problem of wrist pain after an exam or something..

but I rkn what matters more than the writing speed is your stream of consciousness. I mean, it's important to be able to just think ahead while your writing, and this also comes from knowing the content well and being able to recall it when you need it. You will naturally write faster with a bit of practise, but really, if you know what your doing next the quality of the writing will improve aswell (which is more important)

HSC
I found that folding my writing booklet over so that im only writing on one page helps alot in writing fast. We had the same books in trials, and for english i averaged 8 pgs per 40 mins, but on thursay i was about 11. It just makes your pen move a lot more quickly over the page.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
mr_brightside said:
HOW DO SOME OF YOU PEOPLE WRITE SO MUCH??
DONT YOU STOP TO THINK FOR 3 SECONDS?
DOESNT YOUR FUCKING HAND HURT?
ITS INSANE..

/end rant

but seriously...anyone got any writing fast techniques? :(

[/rant]

;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)