Wrong Subjects chosen (1 Viewer)

jannny

HSC
Hey guys, here's wat happened. During Year 11, I wasn't taking school seriously and I just chose any subject I thought that was easy. I did not go school for weeks and now I really regret doing that. I even chose Photography for no reason that I thought that we could change subjects throughout Year 11 and Year 12. In the end, I chose IPT, Ancient History, Maths 2 unit, Biology, ESL( English as second language) and Photography, which I later dropped after Year 11.

Year 12 started and now I felt the need for taking school seriously. I started revising and doing homework as what I should have done earlier. I realised the importance of getting high UAI as much as it affects my future. On those subjects I chose, 3 of those are the ones that I really like and enjoy such as Maths, Biology and ESL. On the other hand, IPT and Ancient History are the subjects I REALLY REGRET PICKING. I have no idea why the f*ck I chose them for. As I do ESL and came from another country not a while ago, these subjects are language orientated and whenever I revise for any of them, It makes it really hard for me since It is really hard to make sentences and paragraphs if you just came from another country ( Not English as primary language).

The question now is .. will it be possible for me to get at least 85 UAI? My ranks for all of my subjects are pretty much Average.. and Average rank means 70 - 75 UAI. If so, what rank or marks do I need to get for an assurance of at least 85 UAI?. Hence, this is what happens if you chose your subjects wisely..
Advices please = ]

Last edited:

petraawad

HSC
doing well in the subjects you enjoy which are less language orientated, such as maths, will definately boost your UAI if your other subjects remain in the 70s. you could consider seeking tutoring in ancient history if your desperate...have you spoken to your year coordinator about any of these concerns? you dont have the option of dropping anything since your doing 10units but as the year progresses im sure youll get into the rythm of all your subjects. in the end you can never know how the scaling for the subjects will work so try not to worry too much about UAI just yet, concentrate more on your class ranking.

theres also the option of misadventure if you present a good case considering english isnt your first language ?

jannny

HSC
Yea there is something called Educational Access Scheme, It's for granting like UAI bonuses to Disadvantaged students such as English as Second language students. I think I will get tutoring to improve my essays, grammar and writing. Actually I was so surprised that I came 2nd in ancient history last assessment task I'm pretty sure it was out of luck .. for now I'll just do my best to keep my school rankings high =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)