Wrote TWO texts by mistake in Australian Voice! Any other victims? (1 Viewer)

lonelynight99

HSC
I didn't look at the academic English part, was doing another elective
Howd you actually 'write' a web page? Or is more like the blog reflection stuffs?
They dont specify it to be a blog but they say write entry for the website....I think its likely to be blog because the question require me to tell what I learn for study skills and what I think is the most effective to senior student or something
I have never done that so I just made up the website name and have a big heading on the left

lonelynight99

HSC
aren't you meant to use first&second person in that webpage entry?
it asks you to reflect on what you have learned about study skills and what has been most effective for you.
how could you write it in third person when talking about your own experience????
Yeah exactly thats what I do...some people says I need to avoid using first person....cause its a website but I cant avoid it cause of the question!

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah exactly thats what I do...some people says I need to avoid using first person....cause its a website but I cant avoid it cause of the question!
Haha you must get confused during the exam
Heard that a lot of academic English students wrote our elective simply coz we just need to write an email to promote reading ...

lonelynight99

HSC
Haha you must get confused during the exam
Heard that a lot of academic English students wrote our elective simply coz we just need to write an email to promote reading ...
What do you mean wrote your electives? You mean they do the living in community instead of academic English ? LOL I dont think they're able to do that cause the school already listed what elective you are doing and sent to that particular marking department.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
What do you mean wrote your electives? You mean they do the living in community instead of academic English ? LOL I dont think they're able to do that cause the school already listed what elective you are doing and sent to that particular marking department.
Yeah they are supposed to do their electives , ie academic English instead of L.I.C

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Really? The school will send the list to the marking department ? Are you sure? ?

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You rote learned the essay => you deserve to fail.

Australia doesn't want people who are not good at English going on to become doctors, lawyers, engineers, politicians etc.

lonelynight99

HSC
Really? The school will send the list to the marking department ? Are you sure? ?
According to what my teacher told me yes!! She said the school choose the electives and sent them to that particular electives marking centre.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
According to what my teacher told me yes!! She said the school choose the electives and sent them to that particular electives marking centre.
What happens if you wrote for a different elective ??

YoYoWayne

HSC
Uni Grad
You rote learned the essay => you deserve to fail.

Australia doesn't want people who are not good at English going on to become doctors, lawyers, engineers, politicians etc.
Haha totally agree!
I didn't even attempt to remember my own essay once though. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)