Wtf Are Nomads! (1 Viewer)

Jessica_00

HSC
N/A
Wtf Are Nomads! I know like they wander the earth without shelter..or whatever...but I mean...are they prehistorical men? Or some type of homosapien creature??? Someone wiki it in for us

Last edited:

purplepixie

HSC
Wasn't that a 1 mark question?

If you don't even know what nomads are, I'm thinking that would be the least of your worries... -.-

v_wangnet

HSC
hahhahha i didnt know wat nomads were either. i dont think it was impotrant to know exactly what they were anyway...but it threw me off a bit cuz it was the first question.

maskd

HSC
Google "define: nomads".

Google can solve all your problems.

agent_pollifax

Awesome
HSC
When in doubt, ask my good friend, answers.com:

www.answers.com/nomad

1. A member of a group of people who have no fixed home and move according to the seasons from place to place in search of food, water, and grazing land.
2. A person with no fixed residence who roams about; a wanderer.

serena99

HSC
yeah dont worry i had no idea and i honestly have a broad vocab. its probably the one word i've heard millions of times but never really said it myself in a sentence. i am also a maths and science person so..... yeah but that question was easy to pretend if you just wrote a little in excess...i'm hoping that they'll find that one mark in there somewhere cuz how annoying to lose a mark for not understanding one word. funny though that the first one mark question on my first hsc paper i didn't understand!

crazedmo2003

HSC
"yeah honestly I had no idea and I have a very broad vocab"

I'm not saying I don't believe you....but....I don't know how to put it in another way....

B35tY

HSC
doubt it. A 4-year-old could do that.

Honestly, nomad is a common word. If it wasn't there would've been an asterisk next to it and it would've told you what it was.

crazedmo2003

HSC
Exactly.

If you're doing 2 unit english you should pretty much know what nomad means.

RingerINC

BBoy OG Loc Gangsta
HSC
crazedmo2003 said:
Exactly.

If you're doing 2 unit english you should pretty much know what nomad means.
And if you're doing the hsc you should pretty much know that every english is 2 unit.

Intelligence

HSC
OMG THANK U
FINNALLY SOME ONE LIKE ME SAYING WTF ARE NOMADS
honestyl that has got nothing to do with journeys[well it does but u know what i mean] like the question wasnt a good one it was too general and everyone couldve answered it if they knew what it meant
thats what pissed me off the most

to get such an easy exam.. basically giving me 3 marks and me not being able to take it cos i didnt understand one word which i never fukn heard in ma life. thats jus racist man ... like usually they have a * next to it and define it at the bottom here there was nothing n its racist cos i cant do ESL and australians can answer that question

Nick_R

Master of my Domain
HSC
how can anyone not know what a nomad is!?
I agree with purplepixie, if you don't know what it is ur not all to bright and prob won't get far in life - talk to the CEO of any major corporation and they'll tell you what a nomad is, where as you talk to the local homeless guy in Belmore Park next to Central train station and even HE doesn't know what a nomad is *HINT HINT*
in conclusion, learning the defenition of nomad ensures your future career prospects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)