Wtf at library today (1 Viewer)

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
So, i was looking for free tables today but all packed since exams and stuff coming up. I went to level 4 searching for tables near lake side, this girl infront took out a bottel and started spraying at her face....wtf

Finally, got a table at level 3. Then the dude next to me out of no where was brushing his teeth, even got toothpaste.....seriously wtf?!?!?

HSC
You think thats bad, my mate drove in this morning to uni and saw a girl sleeping in her car.... mind you it was 7am, she must of just slept overnight in her car....

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
Amazing!!! XD
My big brother also spent the night in the library with his team to finish the project XD

panda-in-yale

HSC
that is horrible...I had never thought spend the whole night in lib...they are all work so hard....but I am not....so...I will fail my course ?????!!!!!:cry:

oh...my god....

blackrider89

HSC
Normally the guard-men would kick them out of the library. Never in my wildest dream have I imagine one sleeping in the library. Were they becoming insane? If one was a chick and there were some...:p (plz forgive my psychic implication, just kidding guys lol).

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Fuck it pisses me off when people sleep at their desks, i used to just keep looking but it's honestly easier to wake them up and tell them to fuck off. Some of the excuses you hear are ridiculous..

"I'm only taking a 10 minute nap, i've been studying for hours" - (you've seen they've been sleeping for 45mins and theres one unopened book on the desk)

"I have a headache" - not a single book on the desk, go have a headache somewhere else.

"Sorry, i don't speak english".

*Pretends not to notice you shaking their shoulder so they don't have to talk to you*

I also hate when people take a whole bunch of chairs and cluster around one single study table, so theres tables free but no fucking chairs. Also, when someone arrives and puts one book on the desk near them to reserve it for a friend who arrives like an hour later.

Tabris

HSC
Back in my days....when I see a suspicious desk (or group of desks) thats not used, I would wait.

I would sit in one of the book aisle on those footstools going through my notes.

If no one comes back in 15 min, I clear the desk and pile the belongings on the side.

This behaviour is completely unfair for the rest of the students.

The alternative is to use the EFS block computer labs. There is always a seat and they usually open extra rooms if theres more students.

All you need is a student card irrespective of whether your coursework is ecfs or not.

panda-in-yale

HSC
Amazing!!! XD
My big brother also spent the night in the library with his team to finish the project XD
Hi , could I ask one question , how can you upload your profile pic , as I try manytimes to upload eventhough try to use the website link .....but both of them failed....

Ritz1024

HSC
N/A
^size requirement for d/p. See if your d/p is too big or not.

Yeah, hate people hog the tables. Sometime really feel like throw whatever is on the table.

Last edited:

onur91

HSC
N/A
I hate it when there is only one guy sitting in a group study room, and when you tell him you need it, he gives a small speech that his group will join him shortly...I call bullshit!

SilverSakura

HSC
N/A
Hi , could I ask one question , how can you upload your profile pic , as I try manytimes to upload eventhough try to use the website link .....but both of them failed....
? on the top right of this forum, u'd find 'User CP'...
Oh if u want to browse image from ur pc, it must be 100x100

I was wondering why does it have to be library...? (is it because there r many books there?) we can just study at home :bat:

@blackrider89: dirty mind =.=

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

I was wondering why does it have to be library...? (is it because there r many books there?) we can just study at home :bat:

Sometimes it's because you can study off all the books but for me it's mostly because i like to make the most of my time at uni, since i spend around 4 hours traveling there and back every day.

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I hate it when I get a boner and it breaks my desk in half.
Library staff aren't to impressed to be honest.
Who am I kidding they probably love it.

RohanZ

Pan fried Steak
HSC
Fuck it pisses me off when people sleep at their desks, i used to just keep looking but it's honestly easier to wake them up and tell them to fuck off. Some of the excuses you hear are ridiculous..

"I'm only taking a 10 minute nap, i've been studying for hours" - (you've seen they've been sleeping for 45mins and theres one unopened book on the desk)

"I have a headache" - not a single book on the desk, go have a headache somewhere else.

"Sorry, i don't speak english".

*Pretends not to notice you shaking their shoulder so they don't have to talk to you*

I also hate when people take a whole bunch of chairs and cluster around one single study table, so theres tables free but no fucking chairs. Also, when someone arrives and puts one book on the desk near them to reserve it for a friend who arrives like an hour later.
Haha, just today at the library, I couldn't find a seat and i'd been wandering around for about 10 minutes. Security saw me and asked me if i was looking for a seat.
He asked me to follow him and led me to a table which was clearly occupied by someone but had left their shit on the table and gone.So he's all "There ya go, don't worry about whoever was sitting here. If they ask, just tell them I was the one who moved their things." So he put all of that person's books etc on the floor and cleared the desk for me.
The guy came back to his seat an hour after I'd taken it. Told him security removed his stuff since he'd been gone for so long. He was an international, so naturally he didn't say a word. Picked up his stuff and left.
A++ experience, would recommend.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Haha yeah that happened to me on Tuesday, what a nice security guard =]

blackrider89

HSC

Hey don't judge me too strictly gal :angel:. Oz is not the Eden garden so ppl should self-protect. One cannot know what's ahead until he/she suffers from it.

2 answer ur query, it's just a "no". Especially Accounting and Finance students...They simply don't need to be near the books...But it's quite a good place to gather up and do some group-work.

To be serious a bit, all u guys mentioned are unacceptable behavior. They should have been ashamed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)