Wtf Is Up With Word!! (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
:vcross:

ok, trying to contain my rage - long story short.....our lecturer told us to use word for this stupid poster thing and now when I wanna do essays and reports, the mo fo program won't go back to normal. The page is now short and the writing starts at the VERY top of the page.

I know I'm meant to go into file> page setup> margins etc...but after doing this forty thousand times...NOTHING is changing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm about five minutes away from throwing this computer out the window....

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
MissMacbeth said:
:vcross:

ok, trying to contain my rage - long story short.....our lecturer told us to use word for this stupid poster thing and now when I wanna do essays and reports, the mo fo program won't go back to normal. The page is now short and the writing starts at the VERY top of the page.

I know I'm meant to go into file> page setup> margins etc...but after doing this forty thousand times...NOTHING is changing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm about five minutes away from throwing this computer out the window....
Get openoffice and show those M$ hax0rs who's boss.

Disclaimer: openoffice is a piece of shit, no responsibility will be taken for further angst caused by using it.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
ok, the view of the page itself somehow went back to normal...but where the text starts is still at the very top edge of the page......the whole 'margins' section is ignoring me all together. I can't move it at all!!

Any ways around this????

sunny

meh.
HSC
Here is an empty Word 2000 file, it has 2cm margins set on an A4 sheet size. Try opening it and see if the margins are correct, then you could probably use it to copy and paste your text in.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
It sort of sounds like ur in Header/Footer mode?
If not then the best way to fix it is go to: File>Page Setup...>Defaults...>Yes
EDIT: ye it's probably got something to do with the "Normal.dot" template

Pharaohsam

HSC
Uni Grad
here i bet this is the problem lol

when you go to the top/bottom edge of the page the cursos changes to tis oder thing with an up/down arrow...click and it goes how you describesd (it hides extra white space at the top and bottom...click it again and it will go back to normal :D

sladehk

le random
HSC
Go to restore default. Your normal.dot is corrupted. Either restore it or download and replace the copy. Otherwise you can open Normal.dot and then readjust it then save it.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
AntiHyper said:
It sort of sounds like ur in Header/Footer mode?
If not then the best way to fix it is go to: File>Page Setup...>Defaults...>Yes
EDIT: ye it's probably got something to do with the "Normal.dot" template
Yeah.....I did that about 20 times...and no reaction.

I did however swear at it enough and somehow its working.....or at least appears so!

thanks guys! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)