• NO!

Votes: 10 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
No. Fuck her. Smoking is your right as a human being, just because I dislike it immensely and hate the smell of cigarettes, doesn't mean I have ANY right to tell someone how to live their life.
Quoted for immense truth.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
i dont mind- but id much prefer if they gave up

i was once with this chain smoker of a girl- worst breath and taste ever :(

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
Season said:
I wouldn't date you in the first place
that is sooo the stupidest thing i've heard all day

and i've spent all day at home with my mother

AND i watched Huey's cooking

you my friend are failing intensely

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
melimoo said:
that is sooo the stupidest thing i've heard all day

and i've spent all day at home with my mother

AND i watched Huey's cooking

you my friend are failing intensely
lol hay meldizzle :)

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
about to go watch the biggest loser (i taped it :eek:)
YAY i love this show
um
they dont encourage smoking.../on topic

テリー

HSC
First I have to say I only smoke 3 max per day, so it won’t be a problem if I quit after I’ve done my freaken HSC!!
@Season & Redgoddess, what a sad case, I know so many girls like u, n they ended up dating smoking guys, not like you’d know they’re smokers the very moment you saw them
@Mike, you teach at a Chatswood tutoring place? I think I know you
@chucknthem dun start, its not good 4 u
@Miles_Edgeworth touché
@lengy, I kinda liked this person but dont think she ever had the influence
@Davriel, grk_styl & S1M0, well you think I don’t know that stuff?I AM a smoker but I'm NOT an ignorant
@Serius, but on the other hand, she cares and it’d look like they don’t if they never mention it
@Exphate, good on you buddie
@xx_savannah, im probably the only person she knows that can stand her, now shes dating a guy and he is already getting frustrated (started a week ago)
@timlay, yea well I don’t smoke in front of her unless she piss me off, and yes smoking ads are disgusting (damn the government!! use the taxes we pay you on something better!!!!), but then I don’t care/watch it
@melimoo LOLs

Last edited:

jellybeenz

HSC
I don't know if I would quit for my boyfriend- I know I definitely care enough about him to try.

We had a talk about my smoking before we went out (he is a non-smoker)- we basically agreed that asking someone to quit is a bad thing- because if you quit for someone else, you'll find yourself sneaking smokes and smoking when they aren't around and lying about it (because you really didnt do it for yourself) and then inevitably the other person will find out and get upset because they will feel like they were lied to and it will set a precedence of lying and trust issues. When really its mostly about a habit that someone was forced to give up and has nothing to do with the other person.

So we figured out that he wouldn't ask me to quit, he doesnt mind it too much anyways, but if i should ever want to quit he would be there for me.

Season

HSC
テリー said:
@Season & Redgoddess, what a sad case, I know so many girls like u, n they ended up dating smoking guys, not like you’d know they’re smokers the very moment you saw them
Why am I the sad case? I don't hate smokers, I hate smoking. If you want to go ahead and smoke that's fine with me I won't criticise you- I have tonnes of friends who smoke. But I think smoking is foul, and I won't date a smokers. You guys as a whole stink and I'd prefer not to be in kissing distance of them. Why is that a problem?

I'm smart enough to know that if commericials and millions of health classes aren't going to stop you from killing yourself and smelling like shit then I don't have much effect. I won't ask a guy to quit for me I'll just won't date him, period.

Also have you ever breathed in the smoke that comes out the OTHER end of the cigarette? The stuff the normal non smokers breathe, its absolutely gross and as many smokers have told me 10X worse then what you get to suck in.

Smoke what you like, but have some respect for the people who choose not to, and choose not to date a guy cos he smokes, still somehow I have no idea why you think you're above us?

Redgoddess

HSC
Season said:
Why am I the sad case? I don't hate smokers, I hate smoking. If you want to go ahead and smoke that's fine with me I won't criticise you- I have tonnes of friends who smoke. But I think smoking is foul, and I won't date a smokers. You guys as a whole stink and I'd prefer not to be in kissing distance of them. Why is that a problem?

I'm smart enough to know that if commericials and millions of health classes aren't going to stop you from killing yourself and smelling like shit then I don't have much effect. I won't ask a guy to quit for me I'll just won't date him, period.

Also have you ever breathed in the smoke that comes out the OTHER end of the cigarette? The stuff the normal non smokers breathe, its absolutely gross and as many smokers have told me 10X worse then what you get to suck in.

Smoke what you like, but have some respect for the people who choose not to, and choose not to date a guy cos he smokes, still somehow I have no idea why you think you're above us?
yeah, that's pretty much my reasoning too. i dont want to kiss ppl who smell like smoke :S

テリー

HSC
yes i hav considered that point BUT what if the person's personality and looks is more appealing then their smoking habbits?
Becasuse as for me, i only smoke because its a stress relief for me, and many other smokers at my school, i don't smoke because i think it "looks cool"
E.g. The holidays that just went by (Dec-Jan), i only smoked when my parents gives me sh*t

(Added in) and your a sad case because you won't date the person because they have >>1<< bad habbit

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
テリー said:
yes i hav considered that point BUT what if the person's personality and looks is more appealing then their smoking habbits?
Becasuse as for me, i only smoke because its a stress relief for me, and many other smokers at my school, i don't smoke because i think it "looks cool"
E.g. The holidays that just went by (Dec-Jan), i only smoked when my parents gives me sh*t

(Added in) and your a sad case because you won't date the person because they have >>1<< bad habbit
Why would you smoke for stress relief?

I just breathe in and out. No thousands of harmful cancer-causing chemicals for me thanks.

cupcake08

HSC
S1M0 said:
Why would you smoke for stress relief?

I just breathe in and out. No thousands of harmful cancer-causing chemicals for me thanks.
breathing just doesn't really cut it for me in terms of stress relief :eek:

Redgoddess

HSC
eh, sad case i may be, but there's lots of people out there who i like and who are interested in me who don't smoke, so why should i date someone who has a habit i find particularly offensive? it smells disgusting and gives me a headache - i dont want to date someone who gives me a headache when there's plenty of other people out there who don't smoke.

Season

HSC
Yes that has happened to me and I still haven't dated them because smoking to me is disgusting, the smoke stinks everything up, gets into everything, makes it harder for me to breathe and kissing wise you taste horrible. So although you might be the hottest guy on the planet with the best personality in the world if I feel disgusting kissing you, lying in your arms hands all over you then the relationship is not going to work.

As for the lovely 'stress relief' excuse, I think we all know that that's just an excuse, I get stressed EVERYONE on this planet gets stressed yet we don't all smoke. Plus that little stress relief from a cigarette is typically short lived. Exercise and eating right are much better stress relievers. You smoke because you're addicted to it, and probably can't be bothered to put the effort into quitting, but that's your choice to do so.

As for the parentals, I have the fortune to have parents who will love me if I top the state, imagine the man from "ten things I hate about you" take away the humour and you get mine. Yet I still get out into the world and have some free time, I don't need to smoke to do that.

If that bad habbit is distasteful to me then you're sure as heck right I won't date him, smoking isn't something you can easily quit the only people who smoke I know chose to smoke in spite of millions of health classes and commericals advertising death. If you still smoke after all of that are you really going to change for a girlfriend who says "smoking will kill you" you speak as if smoking is like being messy, or "forgetting" to do the dishes.

Alternatively I could date someone as long as they never smelt like smoke, but you'll never run into a smoker like that.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
テリー said:
Becasuse as for me, i only smoke because its a stress relief for me, and many other smokers at my school

so obviously there was no other kind of stress relief was there? that's a pretty shit excuse

テリー said:
it's "1 bad habit", but it comes with a shit load of consequences. why would someone want to date you and have to put up with you smelling like shit, looking like shit, feeling like shit and spending half your money on cigarettes

EmmR

Vegetarian Noodles!!!
HSC
I'd quit because i know its bad for me,
and It will impress her that i've quit because it shows im more consious of my own health. And it shows her that i don't do things be cause i feel like it. It also shows a great amount of self discipline. She will think i can stick to my words. She will wonder if this discipline is shown across all areas :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)