wuthering heights 2007 (1 Viewer)

^emmie^

HSC
Hey is anyone doin wuthering heights this year

sidies

HSC
N/A
Yes Im doing Wuthering heights this year. have you found any critical analysis of feminism or marxism that are decent which could be used in an essay

^emmie^

HSC
theres some stuff in the resource section n then i just found my own examples cause its easier to understand

Lorie

HSC
Ah I you poor soles having to do Wuthering Heights, i had to do it in my hsc and I hated the book.

The main part is to develop a critical prespective of the novel. Demostrate how it is interpretated in different views. For example, the marxist view of Healthcliff taking over or the feminist approach which looks into the male dominated society such as Catherine marrying edgar not healthcliff because of the pressure of socirty placed on her.

Hope you have fun with it :p And just letting you know the books makes a good drink coaster or putting under the short leg of the lounge.

HSC
haha yeah we have to do this novel, too! it's too thick and dense for me! and yeah we fiished jane eyre before it.
make sure you have genealogy table (the family tree) before you, it can become quite confusing later.

kathrynso

HSC
Yeah I'm doing it this year. I actually don't find it that bad. I think it's a good book thought i thought the endig could have been better lol... ah now get to write an essay on it...

nicole21290

HSC
TheLadyDisdain said:
Yes, we did it Term 4 last year because we'd just done a critical study of Jane Eyre.

It's an awesome text!
Aw. I'm seriously jealous. We haven't done either text but I have read them many times and love them both. Damn

`mz.amyz

HSC
to be honest.. i really hate this book, it goes on and on and on and its just all about love,betrayal and revenge. and yet i havnt finnished the book.. and got trials in a week =.=
I did my half yearlies on the Feminist and Marxist reading for this.. but i havnt got my results yet.. but for feminist i wrote sumthing along the lines when cathy at the beginning of the book.. gets tea for mr. lockwood and mr lockwood wanted some too? but she was full pissed off and gave him attitude.. saying " i don't need your help " .. which that quote shows independance " i can do it myself "
for the Marxist .. i dont remember what i wrote -.-
but the book frustrates me.. i cant read anymore of it..

LTNASX

HSC
:wave:hiii!!

it doesnt necessarily have to be about marxism and feminism. it is basically YOUR own response. and u just need critics to bak you up. the fact that your opinion and the critics opinion may be marxist or feminist is another story. u dont even have to mention the two. =]

the book is aiight. i havent read it. but i noe wat its about. lOL.
the essays are ball breaking. hahaha.:)

cupid4u

HSC
Wh is death. Im surprised not many people do it though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)