Wyndham College Collegiate for Seven Hills High, Quakers and Riverstone (1 Viewer)

Sam20045

HSC
Hi, does anyone here go to Wyndham! I am year 10 Sevo high wanting to know stuff. Also i heard Wyndham has the most subjects on offer then all schools in NSW.

Sam

x-Manda-x

HSC
Hiya, I don't go there yet, will be next year though. Yeah, apparently (acording to Quakers Teachers) Wyndham does offer the most subjects in the state. Also apparently the campus is really nice, like no graffiti or anything (also from teachers). And I can certainly say that some of the teachers at Wyndham are great, 3 left Quakers last year to go to Wyndham and honestly they weren't bad teachers, probably some of the best.

I'm sorry that I can't help you further, I can only tell you what I have heard from other sources.
Anyway, I might see you there next year.

-Manda

Sam20045

HSC
Hiya, I don't go there yet, will be next year though. Yeah, apparently (acording to Quakers Teachers) Wyndham does offer the most subjects in the state. Also apparently the campus is really nice, like no graffiti or anything (also from teachers). And I can certainly say that some of the teachers at Wyndham are great, 3 left Quakers last year to go to Wyndham and honestly they weren't bad teachers, probably some of the best.

I'm sorry that I can't help you further, I can only tell you what I have heard from other sources.

-Manda
What school do you go to cuz i know a chick named Amanda

anyscope

HSC
Hi, does anyone here go to Wyndham! I am year 10 Sevo high wanting to know stuff. Also i heard Wyndham has the most subjects on offer then all schools in NSW.

Sam
Hey, it's a bit late, but anyways... *lawl*

Yeah, I came from Quakers and went up to Wyndham. It seriously is a good school, like the transition between the two... you subject yourself to far less bogans :haha:

The facilities are perfect too. There's no grafitti or anything like that... pretty much all classroom have air conditioners (which are gifts from god in this deathly winter).

And there's heaps of freedom as well. I'm sure you'll love it...

-Manda
And yeah, what you're saying is right. It's all great. And Robinson, Papanis and Quelch are much better fitted here ;]

Last edited:

x-Manda-x

HSC

Yeah, I came from Quakers and went up to Wyndham. It seriously is a good school, like the transition between the two... you subject yourself to far less bogans :haha:

The facilities are perfect too. There's no grafitti or anything like that... pretty much all classroom have air conditioners (which are gifts from god in this deathly winter).

And yeah, what you're saying is right. It's all great. And Robinson, Papanis and Quelch are much better fitted here ;]
Yeah awesome. I'll be visiting Wyndham on Monday (it will be my first time to actually see the school lol) Have some science enrichment day. . .
should be interesting (I hope)

I see Papanis alot, like once a week walking from Wyndham to somewhere in Quakers. Havn't seen much of the other two. Hey is it true, that Robinson dyed her hair pink? LOL.

Just curious what subjects do you do? And any comments on them you would like to make, relating to teachers and the actual school?

-Manda

anyscope

HSC
Yeah awesome. I'll be visiting Wyndham on Monday (it will be my first time to actually see the school lol) Have some science enrichment day. . .
should be interesting (I hope)

I see Papanis alot, like once a week walking from Wyndham to somewhere in Quakers. Havn't seen much of the other two. Hey is it true, that Robinson dyed her hair pink? LOL.

Just curious what subjects do you do? And any comments on them you would like to make, relating to teachers and the actual school?

-Manda
Yeah, I went to that science enrichment day. It's pretty fun, though decieving! Physics is made out to look so fun :mad1: Yes! Robinson did dye her hair pink. I liked cried myself laughing when I saw her. That made her feel heaps great x]

And at the moment I do...

- HSC Ancient History (Because of accelerated like you)
Uhmm, not too hard as long as you keep up to date with work and study it reguarly.

- Physics-
Very hard, challenging subject. Wouldn't be doing it, but it's a pre-requisite for what I plan for uni...

- Adv. English
Well I've got the head teacher of English, Beth. She's really intelligent and witty, which makes English a whole lot more fun.

- Software Design & Devlopment
An intense computing subject, which you should really do if you're interested in computing

- 2 unit maths
Study, study, study.

- Music 1
My fun subject :)

Argh, now my fingers are going to fall off...

x-Manda-x

HSC
Yeah, I went to that science enrichment day. It's pretty fun, though decieving! Physics is made out to look so fun :mad1: Yes! Robinson did dye her hair pink. I liked cried myself laughing when I saw her. That made her feel heaps great x]

And at the moment I do...

- HSC Ancient History (Because of accelerated like you)
Uhmm, not too hard as long as you keep up to date with work and study it reguarly.

- Physics-
Very hard, challenging subject. Wouldn't be doing it, but it's a pre-requisite for what I plan for uni...

- Adv. English
Well I've got the head teacher of English, Beth. She's really intelligent and witty, which makes English a whole lot more fun.

- Software Design & Devlopment
An intense computing subject, which you should really do if you're interested in computing

- 2 unit maths
Study, study, study.

- Music 1
My fun subject :)

Argh, now my fingers are going to fall off...
Hehe, yeah I'm preparing my self for some serious biased teachers on Monday. There is like no chance of me picking physics anyway lol, I havn't got the mathematical mind you see. I just have to decide between biology or chemistry.

Glad to hear Ancient isn't too difficult. Are you guys still taught by Critchley? My class is, and we have an assignment due in 2 weeks. . .but its all cool as I'm almost finished.

Well the only other subject you do, that I may be taking is Advanced English. I'm pretty sure that I won't be doing standard ever though like 2/3 of the school does standard.

Oh and goodluck with Ancient History, HSC this year for you (even though your probably sick of hearing it lol). Oh and if you don't mind me asking what do you plan to do at uni?

Last edited:

anyscope

HSC
lol, I love how we keep bumping this thread to the top when no one cares. Apologies for the late reply as well, I've been busy with school.

I actually plan to do Software Engineering at UNSW, which needs a UAI of 88... so that's all good. Have you had a think about it yet?

kaitmaree77

HSC
N/A
Hey, just wanted to say I too am currently at Quakers in the Accel. Ancient program, Manda mentioned this thread, so I figured I'd just say Hi and that I can't wait for Wyndham - certainly a nice change from QHHS!

-Kaitlyn

x-Manda-x

HSC
lol, I love how we keep bumping this thread to the top when no one cares. Apologies for the late reply as well, I've been busy with school.

I actually plan to do Software Engineering at UNSW, which needs a UAI of 88... so that's all good. Have you had a think about it yet?
Software Engineering, like developing computing software and building computers, if its similar to that I have a friend who wants to beomce a 'game-developer.'

Yeah, I've had my career set for a year or two now, and that is to be a History/English teacher. . .Yeah, I had a little think about unis, like macquarie, sydney or western sydney.

Anyway, we have another person to help bump up this uncared for thread.

x-Manda-x

HSC
Hey, just wanted to say I too am currently at Quakers in the Accel. Ancient program, Manda mentioned this thread, so I figured I'd just say Hi and that I can't wait for Wyndham - certainly a nice change from QHHS!

-Kaitlyn
Hi, Kaitlyn,
hehe you found me =)
I can't wait for Wyndham either
Its so pretty. . . .

Anyways,
Talk to you later
-Manda

anyscope

HSC
Software Engineering, like developing computing software and building computers, if its similar to that I have a friend who wants to beomce a 'game-developer.'

Yeah, I've had my career set for a year or two now, and that is to be a History/English teacher. . .Yeah, I had a little think about unis, like macquarie, sydney or western sydney.

Anyway, we have another person to help bump up this uncared for thread.
Really? You want to be a teacher. That's interesting... what years are you interested in teaching?

x-Manda-x

HSC
7-12. So yeah high school teacher, but that could change to 11-12 as basically I am sick of the immature years 7-9. No respect what so ever, I can't remember being that bad in year 7. Like these younger ones, just ram into older grades and treat teachers like absolute crap . . .

anyscope

HSC
7-12. So yeah high school teacher, but that could change to 11-12 as basically I am sick of the immature years 7-9. No respect what so ever, I can't remember being that bad in year 7. Like these younger ones, just ram into older grades and treat teachers like absolute crap . . .
Yeah, I think if you're going to get into teaching, you'd want to go for the 11-12, because they seem to be reasonably mature (no offense, year 10'er :D )

You should probably talk to some teachers about it though. There's constant complaints about the pay, and a lot of teachers regret ever getting into it; 'not what I expected'

yeah_boy

HSC

"You subjects yourself to far less bogans" ??? are you kidding me? I have come across some of the most moronic, dumb, mindless and ignorant illiterate f***s i have ever witnessed in my life.. The most close minded people ever with no clue about anything..

" The facilities are perfect too. There's no grafitti or anything like that" Sure, no graffiti, but please the facilities are far from perfect. I spend so much time in lessons in the library and the lack of books is shocking.. I can assure you Quakers Hill had a wider variety of books.. I guess the library focuses more on books solely based upon an academic subject.. also, my god, the computers.. about 60% of them today were "OUT OF ORDER" or "internet not working" and its so damn hard to get connected... It is because they "do not invest in maintenance" and the whole "bringing your own paper to exams".. Don't get me wrong, it is a huge step from Quakers Hill and generally the learning environment is good but it is flawed and most definitely far from perfect.. Still, the facilities aren't great and nor are all the teachers

anyscope

HSC
"You subjects yourself to far less bogans" ??? are you kidding me? I have come across some of the most moronic, dumb, mindless and ignorant illiterate f***s i have ever witnessed in my life.. The most close minded people ever with no clue about anything..

" The facilities are perfect too. There's no grafitti or anything like that" Sure, no graffiti, but please the facilities are far from perfect. I spend so much time in lessons in the library and the lack of books is shocking.. I can assure you Quakers Hill had a wider variety of books.. I guess the library focuses more on books solely based upon an academic subject.. also, my god, the computers.. about 60% of them today were "OUT OF ORDER" or "internet not working" and its so damn hard to get connected... It is because they "do not invest in maintenance" and the whole "bringing your own paper to exams".. Don't get me wrong, it is a huge step from Quakers Hill and generally the learning environment is good but it is flawed and most definitely far from perfect.. Still, the facilities aren't great and nor are all the teachers
Okay. So I accept what you're saying, but to me it's still really good - maybe not perfect, but really good.

Did you go to Quakers? Compared to Quakers, Wyndham has no bogans, and I wasn't aware there were that many present. I mean, I see a select few, but none of them are in my classes or anything. And as for the facilities, I still think they're really good. I mean, you complain about the computers and shit, but do you really even use them? I mean, I do all my work at home.

I think we should be grateful for what we have, and not wallow over the suckier things :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)