X factor ratings (1 Viewer)

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
apparently the only reason 10 picked-up X factor was so no other station could pick it up and run it against Idol.

Trogie

HSC
jm1234567890 said:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds20537.html

Mark Holden, a judge on the Australian version of The X Factor, has admitted that the show is seen as a failure.

why would a member of the show itself say something like that???

EDIT: oh right... its been axed for next year
About time I say, Isn't anyone else sick of the media force-feeding us these horribly mediocre 'talent' quests?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
angelduck said:
it is a terrible show, i watchd like 10 mins, its like "karaoke idol" - and here i was thinking popstars was bad....
for what i've heard the format seems way too complicated

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
i dont think its that much different from idol. They took contestants from the same pool so its likely idol will have just as crappy singers. But everybody will watch because its 'idol'

I can't wait to see idol struggling to get the 1 million mark.

Fry

i think people will be fed up with Idol by the time it comes around, even i am to some extent.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
routemarker said:
i dont think its that much different from idol. They took contestants from the same pool so its likely idol will have just as crappy singers. But everybody will watch because its 'idol'

I can't wait to see idol struggling to get the 1 million mark.
but they have kyle on idol now, some of his 2million or so listeners will tune into idol for sure

v sia

HSC
I made a thread about this and 1 minute later some1 else made 1 :*(
Anyway X Factor is fucken stupid i hate that vince guy ( dark skinned , bulky dude ) fucken pissess me off just looking at him .

Idol will never ever ( not in the near future ) be short of ratins mainly because its imported from USA and everyone loves American Idol ( well a fair amount of people ).

Funny how Mark Holden said that X Factor failed or something .... oh yeah and the crappy " contreversey " that they try to add in like " those shirts are soo daggy " ...... pathetic

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
v sia said:
I made a thread about this and 1 minute later some1 else made 1 :*(
Anyway X Factor is fucken stupid i hate that vince guy ( dark skinned , bulky dude ) fucken pissess me off just looking at him .

Idol will never ever ( not in the near future ) be short of ratins mainly because its imported from USA and everyone loves American Idol ( well a fair amount of people ).

Funny how Mark Holden said that X Factor failed or something .... oh yeah and the crappy " contreversey " that they try to add in like " those shirts are soo daggy " ...... pathetic
yeah, yours got locked

spiny norman

HSC
Argonaut said:
Today's best music is no longer determined by talent, but mroe by who won a TV show.
The most popular music of a time has often not been the best.

Take the 70s, for example. The most popular acts of the time included The Captain And Tennille, John Denver, Dawn etc etc. While there were good bubblegum pop acts of this era, such as ABBA or Michael Jackson, I think it is a fairly common occurence for the bands that are remembered to have not been incredibly successful at that time.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
if Xfactor had more interesting talents, eg people doing unique stunts , then it would be funner to watch. its basically the same as the idol

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah X-factor is boring, I think most intelligent people see it as a ripoff, and a cheap hack to gain money from Idol's success.

I'll watch at least the prelim's of this year's Idol to see how much Kyle can bag out contestants, that'd be somewhat entertaining.

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
jm1234567890 said:
but they have kyle on idol now, some of his 2million or so listeners will tune into idol for sure
i think thats a cumulative figure over 3 hours so that can be misleading. Sunrise gets a cumulative figure of 1.9 million.

I have no doubt that Idol will rate like mad (such a shame). But i really hope one day viewers will see the light.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)