y10/y11 english tutoring recs? (jp english vs ecriture) (1 Viewer)

meiyqn

HSC
I'm currently in Year 10 and am looking to boost my english marks, particularly for creative writing. I'm doing pretty well in school, but I haven't been getting dux-worthy marks, and I still think I am quite lacking in some areas. My career dream would be to pursue medicine so I'm looking to lock in for that 99.95 ATAR, and doing well in english seems to be very important. I quite enjoy english in general and write consistently, so I'm planning on doing English Extension 2.

I've done english tutoring since Year 5 in various places, but my tutor last term was not very good (ie. she seemed to plan the lesson on the spot, didn't really spend time on personalised feedback, set homework but gave one line of feedback) so I temporarily paused tutoring for this term.

I'm looking for a tutoring place that can guarantee high band 6s for english / state rank - ie. extensive resources catered to different schools, state-ranking tutors that will mark my essays and give good feedback, and preferably private tutoring sessions. (If anyone here has any private english-state-ranking tutor recommendations please lmk as well thanks). I've heard a lot of good comments about JP English, Ecriture and Delta, and am wondering who the good tutors are in these centres so I can look out for them (also is starting Delta in yr10 overkill? if yes, what would be the recommended year to start?). Any other good english tutoring centre recommendations would also be appreciated.

Also, is private tutoring more effective than small group/class tutoring? Thank you all in advance.

jwei123

HSC
N/A
Hey there! I state ranked in English myself (2nd in NSW English E1, 99.95 ATAR) and am currently studying medicine in the USYD double degree. You might be interested in Opus English. All our tutors are state-ranking, and we primarily offer tailored one on one tutoring programs. We can support students in all units of English, from Advanced to E2 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)