y8 maths tutoring recs? (online) (1 Viewer)

kitkatt27

HSC
Hey everyone,
I'm looking for tutoring places that offer online lessons for year 8 maths.
I can't really do tutoring on campus, as my parents are shift workers, and I travel a while to and from school as well as extracurriculars.
i would really appreciate it if anyone could also give me reviews of any places they have tried!
thank you!

Susu123

HSC
have you looked into dymocks maybe? or ngo?
i dont really have any friends who went to tutoring in yr 8 so i cant tell you how good these places are

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Hey everyone,
I can't really do tutoring on campus, as my parents are shift workers, and I travel a while to and from school as well as extracurriculars.
i would really appreciate it if anyone could also give me reviews of any places they have tried!
thank you!
Idk but personally I don’t think tutoring is necessary for yr8. If you’re finding it difficult, you might want to ask your friends or your teachers for help.

kitkatt27

HSC
Idk but personally I don’t think tutoring is necessary for yr8. If you’re finding it difficult, you might want to ask your friends or your teachers for help.
my parents want me to go, but thanks for the advice nonetheless

HSC
Hey everyone,
thank you!
ik a decent private tutor (dw i'm not going to say myself)

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I am looking for ex James Ruse Graduate who is willing to give one to one math tutoring to Year 7 kid. Please respond ASAP. Thanks.
Is the Yr 7 student at JRAHS? Curious why you’re specifically requesting an ex James Ruse graduate. In the pre-digital era, I actually received the JRAHS maths master’s medal and was his ‘trailblazer’ for Olympiads etc, but my son, who chose to attend our local public school, is a far better mathematician than I ever was at my peak. He scored 98 marks for HSC adv maths in Yr 9, Extn 1 in Yr 10 and Extn 2 in Yr 11 and currently has a perfect GPA in R & D Engineering (advanced maths, adv physics, adv programming and research & design engineering), including a HD in second year maths when he was a first year Uni student last year. He attended NMSS in 2021 and was invited back in 2022 (he declined) and in 2021, he shared a possible original discovery of a geometry theorem with his NMSS mentor and is still toying with it in his spare time. He has also been employed as a HSC maths resources proofreader from the age of 14, after achieving 98 in his HSC exam (the company previously employed uni students, but they replaced them with him when he found errors they missed). Many ex-JRAHS student go on to do medicine or some form of pre-med course (a teacher at our local school, who once taught at JRAHS, even joked that, one year, on the day of the UMAT (now UCAT) exam, every student in her class was absent), whereas, someone who is doing maths at a higher/deeper level at Uni is likely to understand maths concepts better.

DS offers flexible tutoring hours for maths & physics (monthly, fortnightly, weekly, as required, as long as he’s given 24 hours notice of cancellations) and a free trial one hour lesson. He doesn’t provide additional material, but can help high school students at any level with any maths problem from their own school supplied textbooks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)