Year 10 school certificate results 2011 (1 Viewer)

Lina3

HSC
omg, this forum is ridiculous, and every single member is insanely smart. But i'm the first to post a comment like this one, but nevertheless it could be hard to miss a comment through 17 pages of verbosity. I actually studied really hard, and i didn't just flunk it or study the night before. I have been preparing for science for over a week, and am expecting something high, although i doubt i could reach 97 (like some members who, mind me, didn't study at all). How do you do it, i get it's a secret in your industry, but there are other hopeless Asians out here which need whatever it is you're hiding.

-I'll keep the secret too.
It's for those of us who are not Asian who need the secret most of all! Tell me, how do you guys stay so focused on your studies?? But heh, who am I kidding... most whites like me will never catch up to the stellar marks of Asians. Soo jealous of their amazing self discipline!!

oisac

HSC
English: 90
Maths: 92
Science: 99
History: 91
Geography: 93
Computing: 96

premskies

HSC
0_0 *Hi Five*

Did you get the paper where they had the Harry Potter Short Answers, diary entry thing and movie review 20 marker?
Thats the exam i had! Scored 74/90 and came first weo!

I was the only person with 15/15 for the short answer part yayay!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
It's for those of us who are not Asian who need the secret most of all! Tell me, how do you guys stay so focused on your studies?? But heh, who am I kidding... most whites like me will never catch up to the stellar marks of Asians. Soo jealous of their amazing self discipline!!
To be honest, not all asians, like me, studied hard for the school certificate exams.... I'm asian and so what? I think my work ethic is pathetic when compared to my higher achieving classmates...... I think one of my imperfections would be that I expect way too high results which don't reflect my effort.....
I've studied less (on a regular basis) this year compared to previous years when this year is somewhat more important......
I've procrastinated for every assignment this year (although I received A for all of them this year).......
If you guys are jealous of our self-discipline, then I am jealous of how you guys become the more well-rounded people in the end.... and that you guys are usually pleased with most of the marks you get, compared to us.......
Race is not the problem, it's just self-determination and it all depends on the individual!

bleakarcher

HSC
lol, of course it depends on the individual, lina3 is just being a dumb cunt and using the stereotype that asians perform well all round. its nothing to do with race, more background and tradition if you want to look at it that way.

omgshquyen

HSC
N/A
I'm laughing at those in Year 10 who are still going to school or just ended recently. School ended for me in Week 7. I'm coming in on Monday to retrieve my results.

I'm did poorly in HSIE, because I studied for the wrong content and got lazy trying to study everything. We had two sets of SC Trials, so yes I got sick of them hammering the importance of these results.

I predict a Band 3/4 for HSIE, 5/6 for the rest. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I got a band 4 for Science, it's not one of my strong points.

Lina3

HSC
lol, of course it depends on the individual, lina3 is just being a dumb cunt and using the stereotype that asians perform well all round. its nothing to do with race, more background and tradition if you want to look at it that way.
ok...that was not expected. I don't want to argue, but why did you choose assume I mean ALL Asians are high achievers? Of course they are not all like that, but admit it, more Asians get top marks and go to selective schools than people of other races. I go to a school ranked in the 200's where more than 90% of the student population is of a white background. On the other hand, Ruse has been topping the state for years and the majority of students there are Asian. There is a difference between stereotyping and looking at the bigger picture.
Also, please don't call me names. I did not mean to offend anyone and it is probably due to my sometimes poor self-expression if I did.

Edit: and by 'Asians' I do not just mean race. Of course tradition and background play a part in developing a good work ethic and doing well at school.

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I'm laughing at those in Year 10 who are still going to school or just ended recently. School ended for me in Week 7. I'm coming in on Monday to retrieve my results.

I'm did poorly in HSIE, because I studied for the wrong content and got lazy trying to study everything. We had two sets of SC Trials, so yes I got sick of them hammering the importance of these results.

I predict a Band 3/4 for HSIE, 5/6 for the rest. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I got a band 4 for Science, it's not one of my strong points.
Who's your avatar?

bleakarcher

HSC
ok...that was not expected. I don't want to argue, but why did you choose assume I mean ALL Asians are high achievers? Of course they are not all like that, but admit it, more Asians get top marks and go to selective schools than people of other races. I go to a school ranked in the 200's where more than 90% of the student population is of a white background. On the other hand, Ruse has been topping the state for years and the majority of students there are Asian. There is a difference between stereotyping and looking at the bigger picture.
Also, please don't call me names. I did not mean to offend anyone and it is probably due to my sometimes poor self-expression if I did.

Edit: and by 'Asians' I do not just mean race. Of course tradition and background play a part in developing a good work ethic and doing well at school.
lol when i said dumb cunt i didnt expect you to take it seriously.

RealiseNothing

HSC
2 hours until I get my results, why am I nervous? I seriously don't care that much yet I can't help but get anxious......

95-Plus

Temporary
HSC
Haven't received my marks yet, though I wouldn't be surprised if some people were overexaggerating their marks. ^^

RealiseNothing

HSC
Maths - 98
History - 94
Geography - 91
English - 90
Science - 89
Computers - 95

Science :(

Anyway got $310 from graduation; $250 scholarship, $20 dux, and $40 for 5 subject awards.

RealiseNothing

HSC
The money is for internal rankings(coming 1st in a subject), not for the school certificate marks.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)