• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 10 Subject Selection? (1 Viewer)

bella5

HSC
okay, so i want to do medicine after school, i always have. So i did some research and i found out that Chemistry is only prerequisite subject needed and Advance English and Biology or Physics are recommended.

So, i will do chemistry for sure, not only because i need but i do also enjoy learning about it. But should i pick Biology or Physics?

Also, is extension English really hard? I am doing quite well in English this year but hadn't done so well in the previous years so im wondering what would be better?

So far, my options are:
Chemistry
Biology or Physics?
3U Maths
Advance or Extension English?
Legal Studies or Economics?
Religious Studies I?
Modern History?

I'm thinking of choosing subjects somewhere along those lines. Any advise will be appreciated, thank you in advance. I re-posted this because it is quite urgent since im also thinking of applying to a different school.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
okay, so i want to do medicine after school, i always have. So i did some research and i found out that Chemistry is only prerequisite subject needed and Advance English and Biology or Physics are recommended.

So, i will do chemistry for sure, not only because i need but i do also enjoy learning about it. But should i pick Biology or Physics?

Also, is extension English really hard? I am doing quite well in English this year but hadn't done so well in the previous years so im wondering what would be better?

So far, my options are:
Chemistry
Biology or Physics?
3U Maths
Religious Studies I?
Modern History?

I'm thinking of choosing subjects somewhere along those lines. Any advise will be appreciated, thank you in advance. I re-posted this because it is quite urgent since im also thinking of applying to a different school.
No. EE1 is not hard, if you are able to apply yourself.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad

So far, my options are:
Chemistry
Biology or Physics?
3U Maths
Religious Studies I?
Modern History?

What school are you thinking of transferring to?

Kalium_19

HSC
Well if you like english and think you'll do well go for it, but beware that you'll have to put in quite a bit of effort, especially if you want a high ATAR (which you will definitely need if you want to get into medicine). So you can't really afford to do any subjects which you doubt you could do well in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)