Year 10 to 11 Selective Schools (1 Viewer)

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
Hi myinnermonkey,
Did you make it to Baulkham Hills High School?
Are the results out?? If so, then that probably means that I didn't get in. :)

Edit: I just checked a separate thread- apparently emails were sent out today? Does anyone know what time it was sent out? Because if my mum got it in her email earlier today, then she hasn't said anything to me. On the other hand, if the email was sent after 4.30, then my mum probably hasn't seen it as she leaves work at that time; she only has access to her emails during work.

Last edited:

Carsbooks

HSC
Are the results out?? If so, then that probably means that I didn't get in. :)

Edit: I just checked a separate thread- apparently emails were sent out today? Does anyone know what time it was sent out? Because if my mum got it in her email earlier today, then she hasn't said anything to me. On the other hand, if the email was sent after 4.30, then my mum probably hasn't seen it as she leaves work at that time; she only has access to her emails during work.
Mine was sent at 12:22 yesterday afternoon :/ some buddies of mine haven't gotten them back so idk. You can also ways try out for yr12 because they offer it ?? good luck

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
Mine was sent at 12:22 yesterday afternoon :/ some buddies of mine haven't gotten them back so idk. You can also ways try out for yr12 because they offer it ?? good luck
Really?? Well, my mum still hasn't said anything, so I don't really know if she got an email. Nah, trying out for Year 12 wouldn't be a wise decision for me (or for anyone, as a matter of fact); it's extremely rare that someone would move schools at that point and handling studies along with making new friends/getting accustomed to the new school would be difficult. Also, I've made it to Sydney Girls, and I am content with it- even if I did get accepted at another school, I probably would have chosen SGHS still. :) Thanks for the thought, anyway.

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
Oh my gosh! Guys, I have something funny to say! So do you know how I got into Sydney Girls? I was put on the reserve list for Baulko (which is totally fine), but that isn't the funny part! Besides getting into one of the top schools and getting reserve in another, I DIDN'T MAKE IT TO PENRITH HIGH SCHOOL. AHAHAHAHA. I'M LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF.

Brokaens

HSC
Oh my gosh! Guys, I have something funny to say! So do you know how I got into Sydney Girls? I was put on the reserve list for Baulko (which is totally fine), but that isn't the funny part! Besides getting into one of the top schools and getting reserve in another, I DIDN'T MAKE IT TO PENRITH HIGH SCHOOL. AHAHAHAHA. I'M LAUGHING MY BUTT OFF.
1010_687665097919030_620500347_n.jpg

MissyL

HSC
You should post the letter SGHS gave to you to Penrith :)

Lalaloop

HSC
Congratulations for making it into SGHS, but honey, don't get too full of yourself. I know that's not what you meant, and you just found it funny but honestly. Just because SGHS accepted you doesn't mean every selective school below it should accept you. Alright? No hate. I'm just being true PS What is so funny anyway? You got into SGHS, WHOO HOO

Sincerely,
Someone who Made into Penrith. :p

abc1234567890

HSC
N/A
Congratulations for making it into SGHS, but honey, don't get too full of yourself. I know that's not what you meant, and you just found it funny but honestly. Just because SGHS accepted you doesn't mean every selective school below it should accept you. Alright? No hate. I'm just being true PS What is so funny anyway? You got into SGHS, WHOO HOO

Sincerely,
Congratulations on your offer to Penrith! :D Are you going?

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC

Sincerely,
*sigh* GAH. I just wanted a laugh, I wasn't meant to sound full of myself and I'm sorry if that was how I came off to be. I just found it peculiar because I had made it into a higher ranked school based off of the exact same evidence I had given them. Because honestly, if you really think about it, it is quite weird. I just found it funny because everyone's been telling me that I'd probably get in anyway because of SGHS :/

Congrats, by the way! Are you going to accept it; or are you going to another school? :)

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
Congrats everyone :)
yes congrats everyone! it's really nice to see people really pushing themselves for a change in school, it really shows your dedication and motivation.

personal reflection: I tried out for 4 schools
ruse reserved
Baulko rejected (my reports are pathetic)
Fort st Accepted
Girra accepted

so I went with Fort. for me there's not much different IMHO bc I'm pulling my own slack with math and the sciences (see subjects in my sig) and I think I'm doing very well. eng I needed a carry and hence I want for fort.

I think it's worth the change bc you push yourself further in a cohort of unknown people tbh. Anyway I'm sure you'll all do well in year 11 and in year 12 :)

HSC
hi, i've been accepted into sydney girls for year 11 2014 as well! :D i only applied to st george (1st preference) and sydney (2nd) and i received my sydney acceptance first. my mum really wanted me to go to sghs (plus it's nearer) so we took that. i received the st george acceptance about a week later. looks like we'll be in the same cohort next year!

what classes are you doing/have you chosen your subjects? i'm from a 150th place-ish school so i'm really happy to have gotten in! i'm a migrant so i missed out on the selective tests. i can't wait to return to a competitive environment.

see you next year! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)