Year 10 to 11 (1 Viewer)

Duci_

HSC
Hello !

I'm want to try out for a selective high school, like baulkham hills, but i'm scared i have no chance because i got straight B's in my half-yearlies for year 10 !
I think that happened because i don't 'contribute' to the class , like ask questions , volunteer blah blah blah.
So I'm wondering, should i still try out ~? !

Thanks in advance ! =]

kev-

HSC
Welcome to BoS :)

-what school are you attending right now?

starshine02

HSC
If you don't try you'll never find out if you make it or not so it doesn't matter how you're going now just give it a shot! i know some selective schools like to look for extracurricular stuff too :]

Duci_

HSC
If you don't try you'll never find out if you make it or not so it doesn't matter how you're going now just give it a shot! i know some selective schools like to look for extracurricular stuff too :]
thank youu !! x) I just don't want to get my hopes up = = , i stopped doing extra curricular activities last year so i could focus on 'studies' .. :(

starshine02

HSC
thank youu !! x) I just don't want to get my hopes up = = , i stopped doing extra curricular activities last year so i could focus on 'studies' .. :(
Trying doesn't always mean you'll get in but it does give you a chance! Well I do know some people who got into selective schools in year 11 and they didn't do brilliantly in academia or extra stuff but they still got in. If you did them previously I'm sure it'll still count

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Hello !

I'm want to try out for a selective high school, like baulkham hills, but i'm scared i have no chance because i got straight B's in my half-yearlies for year 10 !
I think that happened because i don't 'contribute' to the class , like ask questions , volunteer blah blah blah.
So I'm wondering, should i still try out ~? !

Thanks in advance ! =]
Not trying to be too harsh, but you definitely will not get into Baulkham Hills. Zero chance. Perhaps you could try out for Girraween High?

meaganxo

HSC
oh that sucks, but hey give it a go! The fact you have initiative and ask other on forums is a good sign! Good luck! xx

starshine02

HSC
Not trying to be too harsh, but you definitely will not get into Baulkham Hills. Zero chance. Perhaps you could try out for Girraween High?
That's not true! I know people who've gotten into the Sydney Highs without having had good report marks previously. They did have special music/art/sporting skills though...

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC
The guys knows his stuff about selective enrolment. Unfortunately, the chances for OP's entry into Baulkham Hills is very low no doubt, but who knows until you try?

starshine02

HSC
That's not true! I know people who've gotten into the Sydney Highs without having had good report marks previously. They did have special music/art/sporting skills though...

Duci_

HSC
But they take an entrance exam , don't they ? ~ i heard in some cases exams then count most

Naw thanks for being truthful ! ~ Not a big fan of Girraween, do you know any other schools i could maybe try ? :O

&thank you everyone for giving your comments ! :lol:

enoilgam

HSC
Just a curious question for the OP, why do you want to change schools?

theind1996

HSC
N/A
But they take an entrance exam , don't they ? ~ i heard in some cases exams then count most

Naw thanks for being truthful ! ~ Not a big fan of Girraween, do you know any other schools i could maybe try ? :O

&thank you everyone for giving your comments ! :lol:
Lol why not?

It's a pretty good school, albeit not as good as Baulko.

Like realistically, I don't think you can get into a top 10 school. Perhaps go for Penrith (worse than Girraween).

Thief

!!
HSC
Lol I got into my current school without stellar report marks.

@OP if Baulko has an entrance exam and you ace that, then youll get in even if your report isnt the best.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Lol I got into my current school without stellar report marks.

@OP if Baulko has an entrance exam and you ace that, then youll get in even if your report isnt the best.
Yep, but Baulko has no entrance exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)