Year 11 --> 12 question (1 Viewer)

shrapnel220200

HSC
N/A
Hi Everyone

Is studies of religion 1 possible to do in year 12 without doing it in year 11? I haven't even done Catholic studies, BUT we have had to study Christian- Development (no exams or assessments on it...)
I really want to do it as I feel it would fit nicely with ext 1 maths-
If I do SoR1 can anyone also let me know if its hard or easy compared to a subject like Ancient History... Or Bio :spin:

Current subjects; adv- Eng, Bio, Phys, Chem, ancient- History and Ext 1 (3U) Maths

I hate Ancient and Phys right now:bomb:

Any advice appreciated [HR][/HR]

Last edited:

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
It's easier than both ancient and bio and also the prelim content contributes a little but, not as much as maths, but you still need to have some knowledge of it.

Mosski

HSC
I'll be doing 10 units, I guess as long as you like the subjects and will study for each of them its fine.

shrapnel220200

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the advice.
Does anyone know whether SoR 1 is possible to do in year 12 without having done it in year 11... I mean will it be offered to me? I searched a few websites and never seem to find a clear cut answer...

Martin_SSEDU

HSC
Thanks for the advice.
Does anyone know whether SoR 1 is possible to do in year 12 without having done it in year 11... I mean will it be offered to me? I searched a few websites and never seem to find a clear cut answer...
Very unlikely to be honest, every course has a preliminary component and a HSC component. If your school is willing to make special considerations though it'll be best to ask the Head of that department directly to see what they can do for you.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Thanks for the advice.
They probably won't offer it to you, but it's possible to do without doing the entire thing

shrapnel220200

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the response, I am slowly thinking about ext 2 maths... I have gotten 80 average in prelim, is that good enough to do 4 unit? I do love Maths, just make a lot of dumb mistakes...

shrapnel220200

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the clear answer, can anyone recommend any books or websites worth buying/visiting?

Zamura1

HSC
N/A
In regards to the SOR1, honestly, some light reading and possibly going over some prelim notes should make you fine for the HSC. The prelim SOR1 course was really simple and had a distinct lack of content. You should be fine to do it in year 12 as long as you put in a little bit extra.

shrapnel220200

HSC
N/A
Okay thanks for the advice :)

Does anyone here think it would be a good idea to do SoR1 AND ext 2? Then depending on whether I get brutally smashed in 3/4unit I can do SoR 1 Vice-versa...

I guess what I really want to know is, if I did 4 unit (ext2) and got smashed, could I drop and then do 2 and 3 unit even if it is mid-year??? As when you do 4 unit you get exempt from 2 unit right...

Last edited:

shrapnel220200

HSC
N/A
Lol- Chose Senior Science in the end, ext 2 would have killed me.
RIP Atar
Oh well, hopefully my other crazy subjects carry me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)