Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Re: The p00n thread

So basically i have to be a basementer lol

I want a life as well :cry:
No? I never said that. If you PM me I will re-give the advice I gave you. No school talk.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Who the hell even goes to swimming carnivals.

Swimming carnivals = staying at home = sleeping

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Who the hell even goes to swimming carnivals.

Swimming carnivals = staying at home = sleeping
I haven't been swimming since Year 6. It apparently helps you lose fat quickly.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

So basically i have to be a basementer lol

I want a life as well :cry:
You really don't. (srs)

Every day for 15-30 min for each subject just go through what you learnt. The main thing is to listen in class with all intent and purposes. You can't miss little thing in class. If you do this and just increase study as exams come around you will do good.

The problem with many people is that they don't actually listen properly in class and think they understand when in reality they understand jack. If you listen to the teacher 100% of the time (yes this is possible) then yes you just need to revise a bit at home and you're done.

This goes for all subjects. Naturally during exam time you need to restudy everything to depth.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Haha, he didn't say that.
Well i have to basement if i want to take interests in my studies dont i

You really don't. (srs)

Every day for 15-30 min for each subject just go through what you learnt. The main thing is to listen in class with all intent and purposes. You can't miss little thing in class. If you do this and just increase study as exams come around you will do good.

The problem with many people is that they don't actually listen properly in class and think they understand when in reality they understand jack. If you listen to the teacher 100% of the time (yes this is possible) then yes you just need to revise a bit at home and you're done.

This goes for all subjects. Naturally during exam time you need to restudy everything to depth.
Is this what you do? I swear im going to do this and i expect to be as smart as you by year 12 lol (you're naturally smart m8)

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
From now on, im not going to use my tafe account on my school laptop lel

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A

Fawn what you need isn't hard work or natural smartness. You need discipline.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

Well i have to basement if i want to take interests in my studies dont i

Is this what you do? I swear im going to do this and i expect to be as smart as you by year 12 lol (you're naturally smart m8)
give it a go, like really the most important thing about school is the actual class itself, people who do unnecessarily huge amounts of study just don't understand it originally and don't bother to ask the teacher and they don't properly listen.

And when I mean listening, I mean really really listening and digesting what the teacher is saying - not just letting the words enter your ears.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC

Basically a majority of students don't know how to learn (srs)

(no offense to anyone)

/schooltalk

HSC

That premise only holds if one's teachers themselves are passionate about the subject matter.

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
After re reading my posts, i look like an idiot

kat-

msftsrep
HSC
Fuck people like kaze or kuro who basement and study 24/7

Aysce

HSC
Do you have any particular course/career that you would like to do or are passionate for?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Will people get offended with what I said?

I feel like I structured the post in a provocative way idk
Only time will tell. I reckon the vast majority may disagree with you though. I think the thread should be renamed - to something more friendly. Or give the example of saying a student doing repetitive maths questions with the same method won't nearly get as far as those who do non-generic questions.

Or you could say: A student claims: Insert thread title, does this hold true?

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Fawn, the beautiful thing about learning more about your interest topics is that not only does it build you as a person but it gives you a sense of identity leading you to your passionate and desired career

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)