• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmwa

HSC
I'm thinking of doing Extension 1 and Extension 2 English. How are you going with English? Are you doing belonging too?
Welcome buddy! My AoS is Identity. N its great that ur thinkin of doin ext. 2. I totally support you!

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
hey, don't be too discouraged :) i know it can be hard but just try to think positively and persevere a little. i was actually 2 topics behind in maths as well and i'm not the type of person to stay up late doing hw so i was screwed. but then i resolved to stay up 1 hour later every night to catch up, i also did my maths during rollcalls (people thought i was really studious but in reality i was really behind) and eventually 2 weeks later i've sort of caught up. i understand what's going on, just haven't finished every single exercise for permutations and combinations! which topics are u behind on?
ohh but the thing is i already stay up late doing homework. I've done the exact opposite as you, I've decided that I'm going to stop doing homework at 9pm now rather than 11 something. i really need my sleep. I'm always so tired and i just cant think anymore.
i don't have roll call anymore. and even when we did we had to read and weren't allowed to do work T_T stupid school.
i try hard to catch up but i have so much other stuff to do, especially my multimedia assignments which are really time consuming.

my class just finished linear functions which is like chapter 7 in our textbook, we skipped chapter 6 but idk what that was. the mathematics classes are only up to chapter 4. i think id do so much better in mathematics rather than extension because i just don't understand anything and it all moves so fast D: but nooooo i think i have to keep doing mathematics bc the bloody computer science course in uni's assumed knowledge is maths ext 1 T_T

i want to do media arts like animation and stuff in uni i think, but then my dad says i should do a double degree of media arts with computer science as it will give me more opportunities. if i don't do ext 1 maths, will i even be able to get into the computer science course at uni? maths is just really NOT my subject. struggled with it since primary school, even though i had tutoring, i couldn't do it.

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
ughhhh I'm so tired :'( I'm always so tired now even though i get 8 hours of sleep or more. i don't know what is wrong with me but i never have energy anymore.
I'm so sick of the endless work load, sick of being tired ALL THE TIME no matter how much sleep i get, sick of having no life, sick of doing the same thing all day everyday. I'm just over everything :(

and now, after an 11 week term, my only chance to relax has been taken up by studying for the stupid half yearlies. what is life??? T_T

buriza

conviction
HSC
ughhhh I'm so tired :'( I'm always so tired now even though i get 8 hours of sleep or more. i don't know what is wrong with me but i never have energy anymore.
I'm so sick of the endless work load, sick of being tired ALL THE TIME no matter how much sleep i get, sick of having no life, sick of doing the same thing all day everyday. I'm just over everything :(

and now, after an 11 week term, my only chance to relax has been taken up by studying for the stupid half yearlies. what is life??? T_T
Just try to relax. You are still in Year 11 and I do not say this to trivialise your issues, but more to remind you that if you want to put some time to yourself, you should not feel guilty about it. You really should not be overworked in Year 11 since it is a preparation year above everything else. If you get 8 hours of sleep or more each day, you are already doing quite a lot for yourself. The tiredness may come from the banality you are experiencing. Often repetitiveness can be rather tiring.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

Yeah relax and go visit the "cute" guy at JB-HI-FI :D

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I really should be studying for Economics tomorrow...
Think of the marginal benefits if you do study ;)

After all people think rationally and act on it if the marginal benefit is greater than than the marginal cost.

matchalolz

HSC
ohh but the thing is i already stay up late doing homework. I've done the exact opposite as you, I've decided that I'm going to stop doing homework at 9pm now rather than 11 something. i really need my sleep. I'm always so tired and i just cant think anymore.
i don't have roll call anymore. and even when we did we had to read and weren't allowed to do work T_T stupid school.
i try hard to catch up but i have so much other stuff to do, especially my multimedia assignments which are really time consuming.

my class just finished linear functions which is like chapter 7 in our textbook, we skipped chapter 6 but idk what that was. the mathematics classes are only up to chapter 4. i think id do so much better in mathematics rather than extension because i just don't understand anything and it all moves so fast D: but nooooo i think i have to keep doing mathematics bc the bloody computer science course in uni's assumed knowledge is maths ext 1 T_T

i want to do media arts like animation and stuff in uni i think, but then my dad says i should do a double degree of media arts with computer science as it will give me more opportunities. if i don't do ext 1 maths, will i even be able to get into the computer science course at uni? maths is just really NOT my subject. struggled with it since primary school, even though i had tutoring, i couldn't do it.
wow, my class is doing linear functions right now. in my point of view the topic is pretty straightforward compared to others. do u not understand it because you're not up to date with homework or is your teacher just not great at explaining?? apparently my class is behind compared to all the other maths extension classes, but it's because our teacher gives extra homework but shes such a great teacher :)

if you do not enjoy maths i wouldn't really recommend computer science. why? because currently i am actually completing a first year uni computing course (i think it's one of the subjects for computer science at unsw) and although you don't get directly tested on maths, there is a good reason why it is assumed knowledge. maths teaches you how to think logically which is essential for coding programs where u first look at a problem and then have to think of logical ways to solve it and then write the code. maths and computing really remind me of each other for some weird reason.

i'm not sure about animation, u would have to ask someone else who did it/does it

matchalolz

HSC

sometimes i think that being physically untired but still mentally bogged down still gives the illusion to your mind that u r really tired. i don't think u being tired has much to do with your sleep but maybe your stress levels? do u exercise? what about extracurricular activities?

this is just what i think from reading your posts but right now you feel as if school is taking over your life right? do u care a lot about your marks? i think that maybe you need to separate your emotions from your school work if that makes sense? like first of all, if u're constantly stressed there is no way you are going to get anything done. it sounds like u really need a break so i think you should take it easy until holidays. then in the holidays, go out with ur friends or something for 1-2 days a week so that u're not just studying the whole time. break up ur workload into really small parts make a plan of what you need to do, and have achievable goals for each day or week. maybe start studying the subjects u enjoy more to get into the routine of studying and then slowly move into the ones u find more difficult. just some ideas

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
sometimes i think that being physically untired but still mentally bogged down still gives the illusion to your mind that u r really tired. i don't think u being tired has much to do with your sleep but maybe your stress levels? do u exercise? what about extracurricular activities?

this is just what i think from reading your posts but right now you feel as if school is taking over your life right? do u care a lot about your marks? i think that maybe you need to separate your emotions from your school work if that makes sense? like first of all, if u're constantly stressed there is no way you are going to get anything done. it sounds like u really need a break so i think you should take it easy until holidays. then in the holidays, go out with ur friends or something for 1-2 days a week so that u're not just studying the whole time. break up ur workload into really small parts make a plan of what you need to do, and have achievable goals for each day or week. maybe start studying the subjects u enjoy more to get into the routine of studying and then slowly move into the ones u find more difficult. just some ideas
i work out nearly everyday and i feel ok for a bit afterwards. but then i get tired again. i also do tennis every saturday. but its like at school by 10am I'm already so tired. my dad reckons that i could be deficient in some stuff because I'm always so tired and never have energy for energy so i should get a blood test or something. either that or I'm overworked.as for other stuff i do outside of school..since year 11 started my friends became hermits and now i have 0 social life T_T

i get stressed easily tbh, should've seen me last year. what a waste of my energy. :L i do feel like school is taking over my life, yes. i used to care so much about my marks to the point that i wasn't even happy with marks above 85%, but then when my marks started to drop and i kinda lost hope a bit. like i try really hard, but don't usually get the marks i want so i don't even give a damn anymore. I'm just going to try and get good marks so i don't let my parents down.

that sounds like a good plan. thanks for the advice. :3

Last edited:

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
wow, my class is doing linear functions right now. in my point of view the topic is pretty straightforward compared to others. do u not understand it because you're not up to date with homework or is your teacher just not great at explaining?? apparently my class is behind compared to all the other maths extension classes, but it's because our teacher gives extra homework but shes such a great teacher :)

if you do not enjoy maths i wouldn't really recommend computer science. why? because currently i am actually completing a first year uni computing course (i think it's one of the subjects for computer science at unsw) and although you don't get directly tested on maths, there is a good reason why it is assumed knowledge. maths teaches you how to think logically which is essential for coding programs where u first look at a problem and then have to think of logical ways to solve it and then write the code. maths and computing really remind me of each other for some weird reason.

i'm not sure about animation, u would have to ask someone else who did it/does it
ugh, idk she was explaining something to us today and i was just like "...whut....?" but I'm always lost in maths, i need it explained to me 10000 times before i get it...and sometimes i still don't get it :/ idek how i got into 5.3 in year 9/10.

idk, i have done a bit of programming here and there, its seems alright. my dad does programming so he said he can help me with it. i think he is right though, like if i did both animation and computer science it would be good as i have more opportunities. just the maths worries me. i'll see how i go after my half yearly.

my cousin does animation, i don't think it involves maths..at least not too much and not ext stuff. more drawing and artistic stuff.. idk the process for animation though, like the programs they use and what it is they do to animate it.
I'm really enjoying multimedia. only subject I'm good at tbh. like i got full marks for my last project and the first project we did i only lost a couple of marks.

Simran-

HSC
I do english adv, maths ext 1, legal, eco,bio and SOR 1u , wbu? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh wow we have some subs in common! :D
I do ext 1 english, adv maths, bio, legal, society, french continuers, hindi, sor 1.
Will u be dropping any units this year?

simmyyy

HSC
Oh wow we have some subs in common! :D
I do ext 1 english, adv maths, bio, legal, society, french continuers, hindi, sor 1.
Will u be dropping any units this year?
I was going to pick ext English! I feel one day I'm going to regret not picking it. Wow you do a lot of units!! It must be super time consuming to manage it all!! I don't intend on dropping anything, maybe just SOR, I'll see how it goes, wbu?

matchalolz

HSC
ugh, idk she was explaining something to us today and i was just like "...whut....?" but I'm always lost in maths, i need it explained to me 10000 times before i get it...and sometimes i still don't get it :/ idek how i got into 5.3 in year 9/10.

idk, i have done a bit of programming here and there, its seems alright. my dad does programming so he said he can help me with it. i think he is right though, like if i did both animation and computer science it would be good as i have more opportunities. just the maths worries me. i'll see how i go after my half yearly.

my cousin does animation, i don't think it involves maths..at least not too much and not ext stuff. more drawing and artistic stuff.. idk the process for animation though, like the programs they use and what it is they do to animate it.
I'm really enjoying multimedia. only subject I'm good at tbh. like i got full marks for my last project and the first project we did i only lost a couple of marks.
ooh which programming language/s?? it's nice that ur enjoying multimedia :)

simmyyy

HSC
Holy shit, there's so much crap to remember for Biology!

#fakme
Trust me, I know. The only reason why I hate bio at times, especially when studying for tests. Do you have an exam tomorrow or something?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Trust me, I know. The only reason why I hate bio at times, especially when studying for tests. Do you have an exam tomorrow or something?

Yup, last exam!

Yeah, I much prefer to understand the theory and apply it rather than memorising. That's why I like maths, economics and chemistry (to an extent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)