Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
lol you're still ahead of everyone else C: <~ first assessment in english was a reading task (as in in class essay/ short responses) and I did not do any past papers. That's assuming that most of our cohort aren't doing past papers for any subjects (like me, weeeeeee~) which I'm fairly certain is the case at my school.
well we had a practice one to do in class, but me being the lazy person I am, spent the whole time gaming. meh.

Fiction

HSC
was planning on taking it but not really anymore. to be truthful, my hopes were dashed a little after half yearlies. the teacher was like you need to be getting over 70% in your maths extension to show that you have the potential, and you need to get a lot higher than 70% to survive in 4u. my mark was 69% and i know this is close to 70% but i don't like the idea of taking the subject if i'm not pro/confident in smashing it. but i guess i could improve my mark if i actually started doing my homework, so I'll see how I go in the yearly.
tldr: MAYBE
LOL Don't make the same mistake as me xD Did not do my homework and did not study for the test, expected to at least pass. Reality: I got 29% for math ext 1

Have not since improved or learnt my lesson, but I expect the panic will kick in sometime during year 12 c:

matchalolz

HSC
Well I got 72 in my half yearly and she said you need to be getting above 85% to handle 4 unit. I got 92 in my first test so I guess I can improve and I just ran out of time in my half yearly. Don't give up. Im sure you can improve a lot for the preliminary one. 4 Unit scales really well. Its the best scaling course you can do.
alright :) i guess i shouldn't really be too discouraged! i was just worried because that exam was the only exam before subject selections for next year :O i.e. the time where you decide whether you're planning on taking 4u. hoping the teachers won't judge my mark too badly, and i have to be able to convince them that I am capable of it.

matchalolz

HSC
LOL Don't make the same mistake as me xD Did not do my homework and did not study for the test, expected to at least pass. Reality: I got 29% for math ext 1

Have not since improved or learnt my lesson, but I expect the panic will kick in sometime during year 12 c:
HI FIVE! i didn't study the night before because I was like... i'm already fucked over

turntaker

HSC
alright :) i guess i shouldn't really be too discouraged! i was just worried because that exam was the only exam before subject selections for next year :O i.e. the time where you decide whether you're planning on taking 4u. hoping the teachers won't judge my mark too badly, and i have to be able to convince them that I am capable of it.
If I want to do 4 unit I should probably stop procrastinating... o,o

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
m8 i think u should give 4 unit a go, don't be discouraged. Just change ur habits now and u'll smash that 4 unit and get a band 6 :D

Fiction

HSC
HI FIVE! i didn't study the night before because I was like... i'm already fucked over
For me it was more like, who me? Test tomorrow? wat? -dazzled-

I woke up in the morning and was like, oh well. I haven't failed a test yet, let's do it :D

//cries

Fiction

HSC
Chem 93
Eng Adv 94
Legal 97
Eng ext 1 48
Eng ext 2 50 (first in state)
Maths ext 1 98
Maths Ext 2 99

99.95 aggregate
dude wat? 98 and 99 in ext 1 and ext 2, and did not state rank?o3o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)