Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

simmyyy

HSC
fully smashed the multiple choice and short answer part of my economics exam :headbang: we haven't got the extended response part back so hopefully i didn't stuff that up
my faith in myself is now slightly restored
well done :)
congrats!!

matchalolz

HSC
Ikr!

Year 11 has gone way too fast for me - I'm not prepared for the gruelling year ahead.
haven't got my ranks yet, but from what i've attempted to calculate, my ranks are nowhere near where i want :lol:
next year will be quite tough, especially competing against all those people with tutoring

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
haven't got my ranks yet, but from what i've attempted to calculate, my ranks are nowhere near where i want :lol:
next year will be quite tough, especially competing against all those people with tutoring
Yeah, but consider the really smart people too.

Thank god, I'm not competing against people like futuremedstudent otherwise I'd get rekted

Fiction

HSC
i seriously can't believe that term 2 is almost over :/
lol same xD I'm like, the year's almost gone q.q and everyone I know who're in the younger years are like, vut? Who are you kidding? It's not even half year...

And I'm like,

But you don't understand q.q

that being said, has anyone got their reports back? I'm dreading mine ...

Fiction

HSC
why don't you tutor then? C: Not meant to be like a dare, or a rhetorical question btw, I'm just wondering, if you see those who are tutoring as an advantage, why don't you give yourself the same advantage?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Dude, I swear I'm going to be so competitive at my school next year with this mentality of:

"I must get great ranks, otherwise I won't get that ATAR"

"I'm gonna share stuff after trials"

matchalolz

HSC

Thank god, I'm not competing against people like futuremedstudent otherwise I'd get rekted
haha omg so true, she's such a genius

for english i'm literally going to strive for a rank over half, because even that is so hard to get! then for the rest of my subs i want to get in the top third

Fiction

HSC

Haha I think if I went to futuremedstudent's school I'm going to get owned anyways xD School ranks are over rated, but that doesn't mean the top 10 schools aren't smart... I mean, they are ranked whatever their ranked based on ~some~ statistic/reasoning/logic

Fiction

HSC
Dude, I swear I'm going to be so competitive at my school next year with this mentality of:

"I must get great ranks, otherwise I won't get that ATAR"

"I'm gonna share stuff after trials"
Sharing is caring c:~

matchalolz

HSC
why don't you tutor then? C: Not meant to be like a dare, or a rhetorical question btw, I'm just wondering, if you see those who are tutoring as an advantage, why don't you give yourself the same advantage?
my parents don't believe in tutoring and don't care about my ATAR

also, i think i'm doing ok right now without tutoring, and would only consider it next year

Fiction

HSC
my parents don't believe in tutoring and don't care about my ATAR

also, i think i'm doing ok right now without tutoring, and would only consider it next year
Ouch.
mmk, just keep in mind that if you do reckon that tutoring will give you an advantage over others, then it may be a good idea to consider getting it. That being said, tutoring only works for some people. i.e, tutoring (selective school test lewl) works crap-like on me b/c of my short attention span and reluctance to do homework lewl //shot

Last edited:

Fiction

HSC
Not with getting good ranks m8
I'm ok-ish content with my % and (estimates of) ranks (because we're not told our ranks in year 11 I don't think //cries), especially with the subjects in where I'm actually helping people. I find teaching others reinforces my grasp on the concept more than the people I'm actually explaining to tbh:)

matchalolz

HSC
English: 1st (go hard or go home)
Maths: Top 5
Biology: Top 5
Chemistry: Top 5
Economics: Top 2
Modern History: Top 5
good luck with that! i'm sure you can pull it off if you work hard and work smart

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
I thought I was the only one here not doing tutoring o_O

matchalolz

HSC
Ouch.
mmk, just keep in mind that if you do reckon that tutoring will give you an advantage over others, then it may be a good idea to consider getting it. That being said, tutoring only works for some people. i.e, tutoring works shit on me b/c of my short attention span and reluctance to do homework lewl //shot
uhh yeah that, maybe i'll consider tutoring when i actually finish my maths homework for school :/
i've finally started doing my maths homework though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)