• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

turntaker

HSC
We can go to the constitution hill one
But i went to the English one earlier this year. Would going to this one be even useful..
I Pmed her with the same question but no reply. :'( (Senpai doesn't notice)

simmyyy

HSC
But i went to the English one earlier this year. Would going to this one be even useful..
I'm considering to go, but then again I didn't get to go to the English seminar. I still reckon it would be useful, as she might have thought of new ways and tips to apply. And going again would also reiterate the info from the last seminar? :)

turntaker

HSC
I'm considering to go, but then again I didn't get to go to the English seminar. I still reckon it would be useful, as she might have thought of new ways and tips to apply. And going again would also reiterate the info from the last seminar? :)
OKay.. I had to google Reiterate... ahaha.. But you're right

flyingmwa

HSC
Ahahah, yep, I'm most probably going to go! it would be nice to see how the seminar goes :)
Simmyyy u going to Constitution Hill? Apparently that is near my place (funny coz I never heard of it)!

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry turntaker-I was in the midst of studying for my uni exams that time so I didn't have time to reply. I will reply later today:)

Simmyy-all my tips for the English seminar will essentially be new, and yes i would reiterate info from last seminar-but it is just three short slides-most of it will be much more specific exam techniques-preparing students for the unexpected:)

By the way, if there is anything about English you guys would like me to go through, feel free to tell me:)

matchalolz

HSC
guys and gals, how many quotes/techniques do you usually put into each paragraph of your english essay? for my upcoming poetry exam, we have to learn a poem and on the day of the exam, there will be a stimulus text (i think it'll be a speech) which we have to analyse and then link back to the poem (and the question). I was planning to have 3 quotes for the poem, and 2 techniques for the speech per paragraph. Is this enough textual evidence and detail?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
guys and gals, how many quotes/techniques do you usually put into each paragraph of your english essay? for my upcoming poetry exam, we have to learn a poem and on the day of the exam, there will be a stimulus text (i think it'll be a speech) which we have to analyse and then link back to the poem (and the question). I was planning to have 3 quotes for the poem, and 2 techniques for the speech per paragraph. Is this enough textual evidence and detail?
yeah, that should be fine - provided that you elaborate well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)