• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchalolz

HSC
it does, im finding that 4u is making 3u seem a lot easier now in a similar way to how 3u made 2u seem a tad easier
is doing 4u worth it? I want to take it but I'm really crap at managing my time, my teacher said that my marks are good enough although I do struggle to keep up with hw sometimes. sighs... I need to decide on this really soon

Stygian

HSC
is doing 4u worth it? I want to take it but I'm really crap at managing my time, my teacher said that my marks are good enough although I do struggle to keep up with hw sometimes. sighs... I need to decide on this really soon
i really enjoy maths so i didn't hesitate to take it up

you do need to know how to manage your time effectively though

el_manu

HSC
and I dont need to do 4 Unit because my brother did it (is doing it now) and is teaching me it, so any tricks that can help me in 3 unit i can learn.

matchalolz

HSC
i really enjoy maths so i didn't hesitate to take it up

you do need to know how to manage your time effectively though
I have heard that my teacher gives a lot of homework compared to other classes though, I'll probably take it and drop if it doesn't suit me

exkili

HSC
strongest: maths, im doing accelerated 4u this year so im mainly focusing on this sub too

weakest: probs bio or chem, bio is easy but doesn't interest me, chem is just rly ehhh
Wait it's possible to do 4u this year? I was aware that some schools offered accelerated 2u, but not 4u. This is news to me :0

Stygian

HSC
I have heard that my teacher gives a lot of homework compared to other classes though, I'll probably take it and drop if it doesn't suit me
maybe give it a go and yeah, drop it if you find it difficult to cope

i kinda do my own hw and choose my own questions to do based on how i'm progressing with a topic and my teacher isn't really stringent on hw so long as i'm doing something

Stygian

HSC
Wait it's possible to do 4u this year? I was aware that some schools offered accelerated 2u, but not 4u. This is news to me :0
yes it is possible, private schools certainly allow it for certain students, not sure about selective though

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Does Anyone know if year 11 knowledge is needed to do IPT, because my school is letting me drop biology to join IPT if i want
You need to so a certain amount of hours for each subject.

Pretty sure that if, you didn't do IPT in year 12 if you didn't do it in year 11.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Whoa, I haven't been on here in ages :c

My strongest subject at the moment would definitely have to be maths. I used to be a terrible maths student, but it feels as though everything is just clicking for me this year. It's easy for me to grasp the concepts, and somewhere along the way, maths has actually gotten to be pretty fun.

My weakest subject is probably modern history. Although I enjoy learning the content, analysing sources and writing essays has made the subject a bit more taxing. :p
lol that is like the complete opposite for me! :p

flyingmwa

HSC
You know what's even more shocking? He doesn't want to pursue a career involving maths such as actuarial studies because he thinks that would be boring as hell. Instead, he's interested in doing archaeology since he wants to make a difference, to contribute to society.
What did you just tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)