• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
i remember back in year 10 when I used to complain about writing two essays a year ._.

I'm more used to writing a lot nowadays but i wish I could take a break lol
writing essays aren't that bad for me tbh - in fact, I'm making good progress. however, they're not at the level I (and my tutor) want for a b6

so I have a long way to go lol

matchalolz

HSC
writing essays aren't that bad for me tbh - in fact, I'm making good progress. however, they're not at the level I (and my tutor) want for a b6

I would get an english tutor but I'm not aiming for a high ATAR and I feel bad asking my parents for the money. Plus I don't think I can handle tutoring since I struggle with completing homework sometimes

lavender1001

HSC

I guess I have the same situation as you because with my essays I feel like I have a set structure and "formula" that I adhere to but my creatives...they make me cry tears of blood. They are so bad and cliche it hurts. :/

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I would get an english tutor but I'm not aiming for a high ATAR and I feel bad asking my parents for the money. Plus I don't think I can handle tutoring since I struggle with completing homework sometimes
What's your aim?

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I guess I have the same situation as you because with my essays I feel like I have a set structure and "formula" that I adhere to but my creatives...they make me cry tears of blood. They are so bad and cliche it hurts. :/
IKR! creatives can be so ambiguous

my 'polished' piece when sending it to my tutor is probs gonna be destroyed ahahaha

matchalolz

HSC

my 'polished' piece when sending it to my tutor is probs gonna be destroyed ahahaha
lol my english teacher crosses out basically half of what you write and you're left to salvage the remaining strands :lol:

Stygian

HSC
lol my english teacher crosses out basically half of what you write and you're left to salvage the remaining strands :lol:
what do they usually criticise?

also what's the nonsense thread? and how come i can't post in it, is it like invite only?

lavender1001

HSC

2 weeks ago, I had a surprise creative task which I absolutely bombed out on. We were given them back last week but I still havent looked at them. I honestly cant bear the thought of someone reading it, it was so terrible and uggh.
The f33ls bro. [emoji17]

matchalolz

HSC
what do they usually criticise?

also what's the nonsense thread? and how come i can't post in it, is it like invite only?
unnecessary detail, as in, only include what's really important to character development and plot and setting. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away describing things. Also, you're supposed to minimise dialogue.

and also, the nonsense thread is just random conversation. why you cant post, I have no idea?!

Stygian

HSC
unnecessary detail, as in, only include what's really important to character development and plot and setting. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away describing things. Also, you're supposed to minimise dialogue.

and also, the nonsense thread is just random conversation. why you cant post, I have no idea?!
Oh well that seems like pretty legitimate criticism to be honest, i find it kind of hard not to get carried away with description at times

matchalolz

HSC
Oh well that seems like pretty legitimate criticism to be honest, i find it kind of hard not to get carried away with description at times
i don't mind criticism, I value my teacher's thoughts :)

but yeah, same here, I think everyone gets a bit carried away. Apparently the trick is to do multiple drafts

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
i don't mind criticism, I value my teacher's thoughts :)

but yeah, same here, I think everyone gets a bit carried away. Apparently the trick is to do multiple drafts
Yeah - it's best to have a malleable creative that you can adapt to any stimulus.

Axio

=o
HSC
Week 7, 8 and possibly 9

Out of curiosity, how many essays do you write per week?
Me? None unless it's homework. I might try to develop a better essay-practice routine closer to exams/in year 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)